X-Bomber the Game
Welcome to xbomber.co.uk; home of X-Bomber.
X-Bomber is a freeware video game for Windows. It is a fast, modern 2D vertical-scrolling Spaceshooter.
It is based on the 80s Japanese manga sci-fi show Star Fleet and features lots of hectic arcade action, weapons and explosions.
- Minor improvements to Mission 03, 09 and Options Menu .12.04
- Unity Engine unifies all 17 Mission modules into a single, dynamic module
- Missions 02, 03, 04, 07, 09 and 10 substantially improved, re: object consolidation and environment graphics
- Engine Code re-organised [ 03.15 ], Fixed problem with loading prefs at Mission start [ 03.07 ]
- Power transfer and Shield logic improved - applies to all ships [ 03.15 ]
- Total rebuild of Mission frame from object/event-level within new MMF2 application [ 07.13 ]
- Fixed armour-management issue when switching between Dai-X Fighters that was linked to the new shield logic [ 09.27 ]
- Special Weapons:
- X-Bomber: Positron Blaster (replaces Converging Laser Torpedoes in Chapter III) [ 01.23 ] and Laser Sabre prototype [ 01.13 ]
- Dai-X Fighters special weapon power levels and functions comprehensively revised [ 08.18 ]
- Booster/THOR Special Weapons Powerup changed from Black to Lime [ 02.15 ]
- Weapons: Improved LegTrax Weapons, Added rear-firing weapons to Dai-X Fighters [ 04.28 ]
- Dynamic Damage Indication System with 50%, 75% (and 90% for bosses) steps [ 05.30 ]
- New Shield bubble sprites [ 06.07 ]
- Dai-X Fighter Shields: Green flash on impact, Shield bubble appears when invincible [ 03.07 ]
- Full-screen damage glow
- Asteroid speed randomised [ 05.30 ]
- Dai-X Junction and Fighter-switching improved and simplified [ 04.21 ]
- Fixed bugs in Player Ship Power Management and Dai-X Fighter Weapons [ 03.19 ]
- Dai-X Fighters: Afterburners added [ 03.07 ], Shields revised (filter damage, recharge over time) [ 05.10 ]
- User Interface:
- Comprehensive revision of Options Menu; Improved scrolling [ 04.16 ] and Draggable volume control bars [ 04.28 ]
- Fixed glitch with resuming Mission after displaying High Scores Menu.
- High Score table appears by default in In-Game menu [ 04.16 ]
- "Check for Updates" moved from the Options to Main Menu - (Click the version number at lower-right).
- Fixed keyboard-control glitch in Missions and Scores Menus.
- Documentation comprehensively upgraded [ 06.07 ]
- Updater downloads newer versions automatically. [ 09.26 ]
|.10.13 ||11 ||.09.19 ||09 ||.08.12 ||03
||.08.31 ||00 ||.07.23 ||08 ||.07.16 ||10 |
|.07.05 ||12 ||.06.21 ||16 ||.05.30 ||02
||.05.26 ||07 ||.05.16 ||06 ||.05.05 ||04 |
|.05.01 ||M01, M05
||.04.12 ||M15 merged into M14. |
Ordered X-Bomber REMASTER
- Improved site error-handling
- Starting work under Windows 8 with Clevo P150EM; Rain
.03.05 - Sprited Dai-X's new Aegis shield
.03.01 - Klan's GPU or mainboard seems to have died - continuing dev using Krystal
.01.16 - Thanks to Peter Lewis for getting our website database on the right server
.01.16 - M16 Robot Mode: torso, small shield head, legs sprited
.01.14 - M16 Boss: booster improved, Fighter-Mode ready, Robot-Mode WIP
Mobile Suit Mode
Shown with one blaster and backup shield, without hand-held beam gatling
Mobile Armour Mode
with positron blasters and main shield
|Body / Wings ||
- ✔ 2x Rapid-Fire Pulse Guns (wrists, MS Mode)
- ✔ 2x 7-tube missile launchers (shoulders, MS Mode)
- ✔ 2x 23-tube missile launchers (chest)
- ✔ 2x 3-way beam vulcan cannons (wings, MA Mode)
- ✔ 2x beam cannons (wingtips, MA Mode)
- ✔ 2x 6x beam vulcan cannons (port and starboard nacelles, MA Mode)
|Head (MS Mode) ||
- 2x beam cannons (antennae)
- high-energy laser (visor)
- ✔ 2x Positron Cannons
- ✔ 2x 3x Heavy Pulse Cannons (wings)
- 2x 4-barrel beam cannon pod (wingtips)
- ✔ Rocket launcher
|Micro Shield ||
- Beam Cannon
- Dual Pulse Gun
|Main Shield ||
- 4x Pulse Cannon
- 2x Multi-function Launchers
|Hand-held Beam Gatling Gun |
Here's the most recent progress on the aircraft mode for the Mission 16 Mid-Level Boss.
It will be a very large, fast, transforming robot, defending the interior of the Alliance Space Fortress.
It should be a challenging boss because of its size, speed and firepower but probably not as manic as the Mission 14 Final Boss.
The front part is a large detachable shield that operates as a separate ship. The long, grey modules on either side are boosters/guns that fire over the shoulders in robot mode.
I've got to finish the wings on the grey booster/guns. Then, I just have to make it transform; Macross Valkyrie style.
It should work ... theoretically.
Here is how the boss's graphic has progressed; without its destructible booster/gun and shield parts since March ... obviously been working quickly on this one:
- [ 2013.01.02 | 107 MB ]
- Few bugs fixed; mostly superficial, one serious (relating to Resume from Menu)
- Few graphics tweaks; Improved DeathBall flamethrower, electroshock [ 12.31 ]
- LegTrax Special Weapon fixed
- The Skull Player Ship asset-management issues fixed [ 12.14 ]
- Alliance Fighters and Carrier logic improved so that they can attack Player from bottom of screen
- [ 2012.12.06 | 107 MB ]
- Completely new, modular Menu System; XBMS v2.0
- Fixes and improvements, including mountain engine rendering [ 03.10 ]
- Difficulty levels revised from 5 to 3 [ 11.21 ]
- Fixed embedded fonts issues in menus [ 04.05 ]
- Balanced F-01 effect; becomes more powerful as game progresses [ 03.10 ]
|Genre: ||2D Space Shooter; vertical scroll |
|Platform: ||Windows 2000 onwards |
|Players: ||1 / 2 (local, co-operative) |