X-Bomber the Game
Welcome to xbomber.co.uk; home of X-Bomber.
X-Bomber is a a fast, modern vertical-scrolling Spaceshooter game for Windows.
It is based on the 80s Japanese sci-fi show Star Fleet and features lots of hectic arcade action, weapons and explosions.
- Soft Shadows 2: Variable altitude, ground objects cast shadows on terrain, unified group
- Damage Indication 2: Simplified with unified group
- User Interface:
- Options Menu: Keyboard Mapping improved, layout improved
- Shield bubble and Enemy lightning weapon sprites improved
- Mission 08 Boss: Logic, object-management and graphics improved
- Enemy guided missiles merged and improved
- Mission 03 and 09: Minor improvements
- [ 2013.10.30 | 113 MB ]
- Unity Engine - Unifies all 17 Mission modules into a single, reorganised, dynamic module
- Dynamic Damage Indication with 50%, 75% (and 90% for bosses) steps [ 05.30 ]
- Dai-X Fighter Shields: Flash green on impact, Shield bubble appears when invincible [ 03.07 ]
- Preference-loading at mission start improved [ 03.07 ]
- Power transfer and shield logic improved - applies to all ships [ 03.15 ]
- Mission frame totally rebuilt at object/event-level in new MMF2 application [ 07.13 ]
- X-Bomber Specials: Positron Blaster (replaces Converging Laser Torpedoes in Chapter III) [ 01.23 ] and Laser Sabre prototype [ 01.13 ]
- Dai-X Fighter Specials: Power levels and functions comprehensively revised [ 08.18 ]
- Booster/THOR Special Weapons Powerup changed from Black to Lime [ 02.15 ]
- Dai-X Fighters: Rear-firing weapons added [ 04.28 ] and LegTrax weapons improved
- Full-screen damage glow
- New Shield bubbles [ 06.07 ]
- Asteroid speed randomised [ 05.30 ]
- Dai-X Junction and Fighter-switching improved and simplified [ 04.21 ]
- Fixed bugs in Player Ship Power Management and Dai-X Fighter Weapons [ 03.19 ]
- Dai-X Fighters: Afterburners added [ 03.07 ], Shields revised (filter damage and recharge over time) [ 05.10 ]
- Missions 02, 03, 04, 07, 09 and 10 substantially improved, re: object consolidation and environment graphics
- User Interface:
- Options Menu extensively revised: Scrolling improved [ 04.16 ] and draggable volume controls [ 04.28 ]
- Fixed glitch with resuming Mission after displaying High Scores Menu.
- Scores displayed by default in In-Game menu [ 04.16 ]
- "Check for Updates" moved from the Options to Main Menu - (Click the version number at lower-right).
- Fixed keyboard-control glitch in Missions and Scores Menus.
- Documentation comprehensively upgraded [ 06.07 ]
- Updater downloads newer versions automatically. [ 09.26 ]
- Explosion animations greatly expanded and improved
- Improve Enemy Lightning weapon sprites further with Photoshop
- Improve Mission 08 volcano sprite
- Dedicated M14 Boss Head Sprite
- Mini shield generators to share additive overlay with larger versions
- EDF Conestoga Missile Destroyer
- Extra Alliance Ground Installations, including larger buildings and extra turret types
- Complete Airstrike feature across all missions, including adding all weapons to Space Carrier
- Implement 'Original' X-Bomber Player Ship option
Evolution toys in Japan are producing this Dai-X action figure, to be shipped in May.
It is #12 in their Dynamite Action series. It is 17cm tall and fully articulated.
It has magnetic joints, allowing it to separate into the three Dai-X Fighters.
It also features the caterpillar track parts, allowing LegTrax to transform into Tank Mode.
The cost of the item looks to be around £75 + shipping + import duty.
You can find more images on the Media Page and more information is available on HobbyLink Japan and on eBay.
2014.02.07: On the SFXB Forum, Vanessa has found a UK supplier; Kapow Toys, making it easier to obtain.
|.10.13 ||11 ||.09.19 ||09 ||.08.12 ||03
||.08.31 ||00 ||.07.23 ||08 ||.07.16 ||10 |
|.07.05 ||12 ||.06.21 ||16 ||.05.30 ||02
||.05.26 ||07 ||.05.16 ||06 ||.05.05 ||04 |
|.05.01 ||M01, M05
||.04.12 ||M15 merged into M14. |
Ordered X-Bomber REMASTER
- Improved site error-handling
- Starting work under Windows 8 with Clevo P150EM; Rain
.03.05 - Sprited Dai-X's new Aegis shield
.03.01 - Klan's GPU or mainboard seems to have died - continuing dev using Krystal
.01.16 - Thanks to Peter Lewis for getting our website database on the right server
.01.16 - M16 Robot Mode: torso, small shield head, legs sprited
.01.14 - M16 Boss: booster improved, Fighter-Mode ready, Robot-Mode WIP
Mobile Suit Mode
Shown with one blaster and backup shield, without hand-held beam gatling
Mobile Armour Mode
with positron blasters and main shield
|Body / Wings ||
- ✔ 2x Rapid-Fire Pulse Guns (wrists, MS Mode)
- ✔ 2x 7-tube missile launchers (shoulders, MS Mode)
- ✔ 2x 23-tube missile launchers (chest)
- ✔ 2x 3-way beam vulcan cannons (wings, MA Mode)
- ✔ 2x beam cannons (wingtips, MA Mode)
- ✔ 2x 6x beam vulcan cannons (port and starboard nacelles, MA Mode)
|Head (MS Mode) ||
- 2x beam cannons (antennae)
- high-energy laser (visor)
- ✔ 2x Positron Cannons
- ✔ 2x 3x Heavy Pulse Cannons (wings)
- 2x 4-barrel beam cannon pod (wingtips)
- ✔ Rocket launcher
|Micro Shield ||
- Beam Cannon
- Dual Pulse Gun
|Main Shield ||
- 4x Pulse Cannon
- 2x Multi-function Launchers
|Hand-held Beam Gatling Gun |
Here's the most recent progress on the aircraft mode for the Mission 16 Mid-Level Boss.
It will be a very large, fast, transforming robot, defending the interior of the Alliance Space Fortress.
It should be a challenging boss because of its size, speed and firepower but probably not as manic as the Mission 14 Final Boss.
The front part is a large detachable shield that operates as a separate ship. The long, grey modules on either side are boosters/guns that fire over the shoulders in robot mode.
I've got to finish the wings on the grey booster/guns. Then, I just have to make it transform; Macross Valkyrie style.
It should work ... theoretically.
Here is how the boss's graphic has progressed; without its destructible booster/gun and shield parts since March ... obviously been working quickly on this one:
|Genre: ||2D Space Shooter; vertical scroll |
|Platform: ||Windows 2000 onwards |
|Players: ||1 / 2 (local, co-operative) |