- Mission 11: Icy Reception
Including: 2-phase (arctic and underwater) scrolling planetary environment | New underwater enemies and Death-X - Deep-submergence Type Boss [ 10.25 ]
- Massive engine and graphics refinements, New explosions and smoke graphics and logic
- Improved Menu System (with 2 performance/effects options, all options menu accessible 'In-Game') and 'Super-Checkpoint' System
- Game prompts to save High Score on exit.
- Clickteam Hardware Acceleration (Final)
- Camera Shake
- New X-Bomber weapons configuration (features all weapons shown in Star Fleet)
- New backdrops and bugfixes, improved scrolling logic
- External storage of background textures, reducing executable filesize [ 10.08 ]
- Unified all Player and Ally collision code as well as all Player collision masks. Re-wrote Player shield logic for greater realism. Re-wrote Dai-X Fighter AI movement to use fewer objects. [ 12.03 ]
- Mission 03 Environment upgraded [ 12.04 ]
- Vapour trails updated with Photoshop, alpha-channel, fading and randomisation [ 12.05 ]
- Smoke trails and explosions updated. Space Missions fitted with dual-layer scrolling backdrops and denser randomising starfield [ 12.21 ]
- Missions 09: Sanctuary and 10: Into the Fire
- WingBlade Player Ship available in Mission 09
- Engine: Super-stable with several major improvements
- Return to the Main Menu during play with CheckPoint / Auto-Save System and other revisions to Menu
- Explosion frag bug fixed, Rebalanced
- Online High Score filter-by-user improved [ 07.15 ]
- Mission 08: EDF Vesuvia
- Scrolling, volcanic planetary environment
- Multiple new Alliance enemies, including DeathBall II [ 04.11 ] and 'AstroWing' separating AstroFighter
- Captured EDF vehicles, including Astrofighters, Destroyer [ 04.11 ], T901 'Rhino' MBT, Bradbury MLRS,
- Reprogrammed EDF 'Mammoth' Mobile Fortress and Land Battleship Boss
- Further enemies, including hovercraft, missile batteries and drop-pods
- Graphics, Engine, Weapons, Gameplay and Menus improved
- Updater and Online High Score systems rebuilt [ 06.06 ]
- Latest Clickteam Hardware Acceleration Beta
- Missions 06: Smoke and Mirrors and 07: Sargasso
- including FG Device [ 11.27 ] and Ultra-heavy Bomber [ 01.21 ] Bosses
- 2-Player available in Missions 01 - 07
- Hardware Acceleration with Windowed and Full-Screen w/ FSAA (Click “Maximise”) modes
- Dynamic Crew Chatter
- End-of-Chapter cut-scene
- Briefing images added
- Online High Scores filterable by player [ 03.01 ]
- Improvements, fixes and new Start-up screen
- Resolved issue with ADEN Cannon fire passing through some shielded enemies
- Weapons updated, including charge particle effect for X-Bomber Special Weapon Scalar Mass Driver
- XP, Vista and 7 Beta-tested
- Mission 05: Transport Fleet with Prototype 2-Player, New enemies and Checkpoint [ 10.01 ]
- Death-X Combining Type Boss [ 10.01 ]
- New Alliance Cargo Ships [ 01.20 ]
- Prototype Secret Mission with ‘Original X-Bomber’ set in Earth’s solar system, follows Mission 05 [ 03.15 ]
- First version to use MMF2’s Beta DirectX 9 Hardware Acceleration
- ‘Semi-Full Screen’ mode working [ 09.17 ]
- New Special Weapons
- X-Bomber: Scalar Mass Driver, EM. Napalm and Converging Laser Torpedo [ 12.16 ]
- Dai-X: Dragoon Pack, Plasma Bombs [ 01.05 ] and Black Hole Bomb [ 06.09 ]
- 360’ fast bullets and smooth missile turns [ 09.17 ]
- Stability fixes, File-structure re-organised, Gameplay improved [ 02.07 ] Balancing [ 01.20 ]
- Fairer ship-ship collisions, Reduced Boss aggression (M1, 3 and 4) [ 12.16 ]
- Extensively tested on a wide range of hardware and OSes, including Windows 7, by Mantice, Matt Darcy and LafOutLoud [ 11.16 ]
- [ 12.3 MB - 2007.10.28 ]
v0.36 (aka. v0.4 Beta)
- Thanks to Clickteam’s Francois Lionet for finding overlay performance glitch in Mission 03, affecting single-core CPUs [ 10.26 ]
- [ 11.9 MB - 2007.10.18 ]
- Internal beta for v0.37 - no installer - contains config and save files for access to all levels
- Press [T] in most levels to skip to Boss
- Thanks to the testers: Nyxs, LafOutLoud and Peter (@ gibbering.net)
- Mission 04: Minefield and Briefing [ 10.19 ]
- Optimisation: Hundreds of fixes, improvements and performance optimisations
- Performance: Application fully-rebuilt from object and event level
- User Interface: Updated, No "mouse grab" in Menus [ 05.24 ]
- First version compiled under Multimedia Fusion 2
- Audio: Sound Effects Improvements, 32-Channel Sound Mixing, Internal Volume control
- Online High Scores [ 05.24 ]
- Beam weapons collision effects fixed, Menu systems updated [ 10.19 ]
- Mission 00 re-assembled, High Scores Menu rebuilt to remove corrupt string [ 10.09 ]
- Documentation updated [ 10.09 ]
- Mission 03: Simetra VI
- DeathBall and Attack Carrier enemies [ 10.24 ]
- Rain, clouds, variable fog and lighting, scrolling terrain [ 12.08 ]
- New Engine; Modular with several fixes [ 02.24 ]
- Collision Detection: Hit-point system for Fighters and Dai-X | Collision Detection for individual bullets [ 12.08 ] | Extensive revision of collision logic [ 11.21 ]
- The Fighter weapons systems re-written for greater simplicity
- Dai-X Shield upgraded [ 11.21 ] and operable simultaneously with Weapons [ 10.24 ]
- Many weapons upgraded and balanced.
- Power-Up functions changed
- Options and User Interface updated [ 12.08 ]
- Graphics: smoother beam collisions, new shield sprites etc. , HUD updated
- Fixed issues with Dai-X System and HUD, relating to display resolution change [ 09.20-29 ]
- Sound improved [ 03.10 ]
- Documentation updated [ 10.24 ]
v0.31 – [ 2006.09.20 – 5.20 MB ]
v0.3 – [ 2006.08.02 – 10.0 MB ]
- Display Resolution change from 1024x768 to 800x600 [ 08.29 ]
- Briefing redesigned accordingly
- Dai-X Weapons: Vulcan guns added (Fill ammo gauge to use). | Homing Laser guidance improved
- General improvements to engine, missions and UI
- Fixed all bugs reported in v0.3 [ 08.12 ]
- Mission 00: Training and Mission 02: Asteroid Field
- Crawler Tank Boss [ 02.13 ]
- New Space Pirate and Alliance ships with new features and weapons. New hazards. Simetra Defence Directorate Airstrike [ 01.10 ]
- Special Weapons: Plasma Cannons (X-Bomber) and Homing Lasers (Dai-X) [ 01.10 ]
- Moving full-screen backgrounds and HUD hazard indicators for M00 [ 06.01 ]
- Variable-handling issues fixed. Audio mixing issue relating to In-game Menu and further sound issues fixed, Balancing [ 01.30 ]
- Fix for option- and Mission-saving [ 02.13 ]
- All reported issues from v0.2/Beta fixed [ 01.10 ]
- Start-up audio plays only when MIDI enabled in Options. Dai-X Shield animated. Airstrike indicator locks to HUD position. Revisions to Dai-X Fighter Upgrade Weapon, Mega-Bomb and Hyper-jump systems [ 02.02 ]
- 2005.02.22 - Created Training Mission Prototype
- 2005.01.30 - Started work on Opening Cutscene.
Designed further add-on weapons, including; Homing Lasers, X-Wave and Black Hole Cannon.
- 2005.01.27 - Added Shoutbox and CMS to site. Layout adapts to screen resolution.
In-Game menu works and looks good.
- 2005.01.18 - Great feedback about XB2-Alpha: "X-Bomber 2.0... Brilliant!", "That is SUPERB", "Oh that's uber-cool" and indeed from one more enthusiastic fan: "You are a god" and "I can't remember much about last night - but that game of yours was fantastic!".
- 2005.01.18 - Renovating site. Dev page more accessible, shows project's completion status. Bandwidth usage nears limit of hosting plan.
- 2005.01.08 - Menalto Gallery broke - wrote my own
- 2005.01.05 - A friend gave me a 1984 Star Fleet Annual.
- 2004.12.02 - X-Bomber 2.0 Alpha Released
- 2004.11.08 - Played Japanese shooters and got some ideas for later levels.
- btinternet.com/~xbomber shut down, Homing Missiles re-sprited, Simplified value-handling for Dai-X and Fighters, Designed for fully-customisable controls.
- 2004.10.20 - Simplified Homing Missile logic - no more darting back-and-forth.
- 2004.10.11 - Dai-X Super Cannon done - Fires blue fireball < 300,000 points, fires red above this. Might be upgraded to a chaingun at 600,000 points.
- Dai-X: Main Lasers done. The X-Tracer done - firing mode linked to flight mode.
- 2004.10.05 - Dai-X Fighters separate and return to X-Bomber.
- 2004.10.03 - Sprited: Alliance Tanker, Prototype astrofighters, and Scout ships; EDF Tanker, Shuttle.
- 2004.09.29 - Dai-X animations and movement improved. Sprited rolling animations. 2x flight modes planned for Dai-X; firepower and agility.
- 2004.09.27 - Dai-X animations, Fighter launching and Dai-X Junction sequence done. Dai-X flies - no weapons.
Sprited 2 'Captain Carter' Alliance Fighter variants and scout ships to add variety to M01.
- 2004.09.16 - Alliance Fuel Tanker from Star Fleet comic done.
Dai-X Fighter lasers change colour and power according to point score. Finished MainBody's minelayer. Fixed Legtrax missile glitch
2004.08.07 - All 3 Dai-X Fighters done
2004.08.05 - Added variable engine flare to MainBody sprite. Legtrax done. 'Wingmen' AI done.
No need to limit their ammo when their guns won't be that powerful.
2004.08.04 - Planned Dai-X System on holiday.
- 2004.06.25 -
Akina fails due to RAM error - lost a few weeks' work.
- 2004.05.07 - V1.1 reaches top of free-Games.au Arcade Game listings.
- 2004.04 - Migrated to Akina
- 2004.03 - Star Fleet the Arcade Game - Cancelled: [ L1 > M00 | L2 > M01 and 02 | L3 > M03 | L4 > M07 ]
- Set up the PHP Board again, a Zend conflict made our PHPBB2 lose its data.
v1.2 looking good. Updating site...
- Dropped 100 boxed X-Bomber 1.1 CDs in Game at Newcastle. Lots of people tried to buy them so they installed it on a store PC to find out what it was. Lotta people got X-Bomber that day.
- Airstrike System [ 1 | 2 | 3 ] [ 01.08 ]
- Augmentative X-Impulse System: 3 X-Impulse Power-Ups combine into more powerful X-Impulse Blasts. 10x Power-Ups combine into Super X-Impulse blast. [ 01.05 ]
- In-Game Menu System v2 [ 01.18 ]
- Fully-assignable Ship Controls: Player data stored in single database, rather than separate .INI files | Options Menu redesigned [ 01.30 ]
- Hyperjump feature for Dai-X Fighters [ 01.18 ]
- Start-up self-test and Menu upgrades [ 02.01 ]
- Fixes for ship mouse control
- Engine and Audio improved [ 04.13 ]
|Genre: ||2D Space Shooter; vertical scroll |
|Platform: ||Windows 2000 onwards |
|Players: ||1 / 2 (local, co-operative) |