- Mission 05: Transport Fleet with Prototype 2-Player, New enemies and Checkpoint [ 10.01 ]
- Death-X Combining Type Boss [ 10.01 ]
- New Alliance Cargo Ships [ 01.20 ]
- Prototype Secret Mission with ‘Original X-Bomber’ set in Earth’s solar system, follows Mission 05 [ 03.15 ]
- First version to use MMF2’s Beta DirectX 9 Hardware Acceleration
- ‘Semi-Full Screen’ mode working [ 09.17 ]
- New Special Weapons
- X-Bomber: Scalar Mass Driver, EM. Napalm and Converging Laser Torpedo [ 12.16 ]
- Dai-X: Dragoon Pack, Plasma Bombs [ 01.05 ] and Black Hole Bomb [ 06.09 ]
- 360’ fast bullets and smooth missile turns [ 09.17 ]
- Stability fixes, File-structure re-organised, Gameplay improved [ 02.07 ] Balancing [ 01.20 ]
- Fairer ship-ship collisions, Reduced Boss aggression (M1, 3 and 4) [ 12.16 ]
- Extensively tested on a wide range of hardware and OSes, including Windows 7, by Mantice, Matt Darcy and LafOutLoud [ 11.16 ]
- [ 12.3 MB - 2007.10.28 ]
v0.36 (aka. v0.4 Beta)
- Thanks to Clickteam’s Francois Lionet for finding overlay performance glitch in Mission 03, affecting single-core CPUs [ 10.26 ]
- [ 11.9 MB - 2007.10.18 ]
- Internal beta for v0.37 - no installer - contains config and save files for access to all levels
- Press [T] in most levels to skip to Boss
- Thanks to the testers: Nyxs, LafOutLoud and Peter (@ gibbering.net)
- Mission 04: Minefield and Briefing [ 10.19 ]
- Optimisation: Hundreds of fixes, improvements and performance optimisations
- Performance: Application fully-rebuilt from object and event level
- User Interface: Updated, No "mouse grab" in Menus [ 05.24 ]
- First version compiled under Multimedia Fusion 2
- Audio: Sound Effects Improvements, 32-Channel Sound Mixing, Internal Volume control
- Online High Scores [ 05.24 ]
- Beam weapons collision effects fixed, Menu systems updated [ 10.19 ]
- Mission 00 re-assembled, High Scores Menu rebuilt to remove corrupt string [ 10.09 ]
- Documentation updated [ 10.09 ]
- Mission 03: Simetra VI
- DeathBall and Attack Carrier enemies [ 10.24 ]
- Rain, clouds, variable fog and lighting, scrolling terrain [ 12.08 ]
- New Engine; Modular with several fixes [ 02.24 ]
- Collision Detection: Hit-point system for Fighters and Dai-X | Collision Detection for individual bullets [ 12.08 ] | Extensive revision of collision logic [ 11.21 ]
- The Fighter weapons systems re-written for greater simplicity
- Dai-X Shield upgraded [ 11.21 ] and operable simultaneously with Weapons [ 10.24 ]
- Many weapons upgraded and balanced.
- Power-Up functions changed
- Options and User Interface updated [ 12.08 ]
- Graphics: smoother beam collisions, new shield sprites etc. , HUD updated
- Fixed issues with Dai-X System and HUD, relating to display resolution change [ 09.20-29 ]
- Sound improved [ 03.10 ]
- Documentation updated [ 10.24 ]
v0.31 – [ 2006.09.20 – 5.20 MB ]
v0.3 – [ 2006.08.02 – 10.0 MB ]
- Display Resolution change from 1024x768 to 800x600 [ 08.29 ]
- Briefing redesigned accordingly
- Dai-X Weapons: Vulcan guns added (Fill ammo gauge to use). | Homing Laser guidance improved
- General improvements to engine, missions and UI
- Fixed all bugs reported in v0.3 [ 08.12 ]
- Mission 00: Training and Mission 02: Asteroid Field
- Crawler Tank Boss [ 02.13 ]
- New Space Pirate and Alliance ships with new features and weapons. New hazards. Simetra Defence Directorate Airstrike [ 01.10 ]
- Special Weapons: Plasma Cannons (X-Bomber) and Homing Lasers (Dai-X) [ 01.10 ]
- Moving full-screen backgrounds and HUD hazard indicators for M00 [ 06.01 ]
- Variable-handling issues fixed. Audio mixing issue relating to In-game Menu and further sound issues fixed, Balancing [ 01.30 ]
- Fix for option- and Mission-saving [ 02.13 ]
- All reported issues from v0.2/Beta fixed [ 01.10 ]
- Start-up audio plays only when MIDI enabled in Options. Dai-X Shield animated. Airstrike indicator locks to HUD position. Revisions to Dai-X Fighter Upgrade Weapon, Mega-Bomb and Hyper-jump systems [ 02.02 ]
- 2005.02.22 - Created Training Mission Prototype
- 2005.01.30 - Started work on Opening Cutscene.
Designed further add-on weapons, including; Homing Lasers, X-Wave and Black Hole Cannon.
- 2005.01.27 - Added Shoutbox and CMS to site. Layout adapts to screen resolution.
In-Game menu works and looks good.
- 2005.01.18 - Great feedback about XB2-Alpha: "X-Bomber 2.0... Brilliant!", "That is SUPERB", "Oh that's uber-cool" and indeed from one more enthusiastic fan: "You are a god" and "I can't remember much about last night - but that game of yours was fantastic!".
- 2005.01.18 - Renovating site. Dev page more accessible, shows project's completion status. Bandwidth usage nears limit of hosting plan.
- 2005.01.08 - Menalto Gallery broke - wrote my own
- 2005.01.05 - A friend gave me a 1984 Star Fleet Annual.
- 2004.12.02 - X-Bomber 2.0 Alpha Released
- 2004.11.08 - Played Japanese shooters and got some ideas for later levels.
- btinternet.com/~xbomber shut down, Homing Missiles re-sprited, Simplified value-handling for Dai-X and Fighters, Designed for fully-customisable controls.
- 2004.10.20 - Simplified Homing Missile logic - no more darting back-and-forth.
- 2004.10.11 - Dai-X Super Cannon done - Fires blue fireball < 300,000 points, fires red above this. Might be upgraded to a chaingun at 600,000 points.
- Dai-X: Main Lasers done. The X-Tracer done - firing mode linked to flight mode.
- 2004.10.05 - Dai-X Fighters separate and return to X-Bomber.
- 2004.10.03 - Sprited: Alliance Tanker, Prototype astrofighters, and Scout ships; EDF Tanker, Shuttle.
- 2004.09.29 - Dai-X animations and movement improved. Sprited rolling animations. 2x flight modes planned for Dai-X; firepower and agility.
- 2004.09.27 - Dai-X animations, Fighter launching and Dai-X Junction sequence done. Dai-X flies - no weapons.
Sprited 2 'Captain Carter' Alliance Fighter variants and scout ships to add variety to M01.
- 2004.09.16 - Alliance Fuel Tanker from Star Fleet comic done.
Dai-X Fighter lasers change colour and power according to point score. Finished MainBody's minelayer. Fixed Legtrax missile glitch
2004.08.07 - All 3 Dai-X Fighters done
2004.08.05 - Added variable engine flare to MainBody sprite. Legtrax done. 'Wingmen' AI done.
No need to limit their ammo when their guns won't be that powerful.
2004.08.04 - Planned Dai-X System on holiday.
- 2004.06.25 -
Akina fails due to RAM error - lost a few weeks' work.
- 2004.05.07 - V1.1 reaches top of free-Games.au Arcade Game listings.
- 2004.04 - Migrated to Akina
- 2004.03 - Star Fleet the Arcade Game - Cancelled: [ L1 > M00 | L2 > M01 and 02 | L3 > M03 | L4 > M07 ]
- Set up the PHP Board again, a Zend conflict made our PHPBB2 lose its data.
v1.2 looking good. Updating site...
- Dropped 100 boxed X-Bomber 1.1 CDs in Game at Newcastle. Lots of people tried to buy them so they installed it on a store PC to find out what it was. Lotta people got X-Bomber that day.
- Airstrike System [ 1 | 2 | 3 ] [ 01.08 ]
- Augmentative X-Impulse System: 3 X-Impulse Power-Ups combine into more powerful X-Impulse Blasts. 10x Power-Ups combine into Super X-Impulse blast. [ 01.05 ]
- In-Game Menu System v2 [ 01.18 ]
- Fully-assignable Ship Controls: Player data stored in single database, rather than separate .INI files | Options Menu redesigned [ 01.30 ]
- Hyperjump feature for Dai-X Fighters [ 01.18 ]
- Start-up self-test and Menu upgrades [ 02.01 ]
- Fixes for ship mouse control
- Engine and Audio improved [ 04.13 ]
- Mission 01: Recon. Fleet with new enemies
- Dai-X System: Hit [Tab] to initialise.
- Update Block III: [ 07.07 ]
- Initial 3x Special Weapons for X-Bomber: ADEN Cannons, Homing Missiles, Rotator SpreadGun (Hit [1-3] to access).
- Windows XP Compatibility Upgrade
- X-Bomber Turrets: Auto-aim improved, includes target-leading [ 11.08 ], Mouse-aim added
- High Score Menu improved
- Update Block II: [ 05.06 ]
- Splash Damage added to explosions
- Rebalancing: Shields 100 > 500 units | Weapons 1,000 > 2,000 | Armour 100 > 200 | X-Bomber’s movement made sluggish when Armour < 25% - Smoke released from engines.
- Update Block I: [ 04.28 ]
- Gameplay: On-screen enemy-count doubled | Enemy aggression and armament increased | Ship-ship collisions added
- New Armaments: Heavy Pulse Guns | Rear Lasers | Main Lasers (hold Fire1 and 2 together to transform and access neck-laser mode)
- 10-second Power-Up Bonus Effects when Shield/Weapons gauges full: (invincibility/afterburner respectively)
- HUD: Status messages | Translucent indicator bars with percentages | Distance and Frame-rate indicators | Dialogue between characters
- Control System: Dedicated X-Impulse trigger [X] | Ship movement and fire controls operable via mouse | All ship functions operable via 8-button controller
- Menu System: Remembers all preferences and Mission reached | Mouse control in all menus | New Intro, Cut-scenes and Briefing | 3D Starfield improved
- Realism: Particles added to explosions | Collision physics added
- Randomising 4-level star-field
- Music change [ 09.16 ]
- External file structure for MIDI files and sub-apps - Fixes stutter on music change [ 09.12 ]
- Mouse Control for player movement and weapons, Menus upgraded, In-Game Menu [ 06.25 ]
- Upgraded sound (rear and main Lasers, enemy weapons) | Boss weapons expanded with homing missiles | X-Bomber Ship sprite updated [ 05.12 ]
Service Patches 'B' and 'C' included in download.
Click the download link above-right to download the XB1 and SFG (Star Fleet X-Bomber and Star Fleet the Arcade Game) Super Pack, containing all executables, source and music for both projects.
- 14 downloads from Tripod on Christmas Day - Account over-limit for 10hrs. ~5,838 downloads since August.
- Star Fleet the Arcade Game:
- Level 5 - Dai-X's attack on the Alliance Battle Cruiser from Star Fleet ep.22 - almost done
- Level 3 - Improving Jupiter environment, based on Star Fleet Ep.4
- Moved from www16.brinkster.com/xbomber to btinternet.com/~xbomber to avoid adverts
- Designed co-op multiplayer mode
- Star Fleet the Arcade Game takes shape, screenshots to follow
- Took suggestions for v1.2, Tucows popularity reaches 82%.
- 20 downloads/day. Maxed-out bandwidth on Tripod account.
- Star Fleet the Arcade Game - First 3 levels nearly done
- A friend at school gave suggested in-game dialogue between characters, giving the player remarks, advice and warnings.
- X-Bomber v1.1 Released - Full Game with fixes and graphics updates
- X-Bomber v1.0 Released - Full Game
- X-Bomber v0.9 (Alpha) Released
.02.10 - Mission Status:
| 1: ▰▰▰▰ - 100%
2: ▰▰▰▰ - 100%
3: ▰▰▰▱ - 75% - boss needs finishing
| 4: ▰▰▰▱ - 75%
5: ▰▰▱▱ - 50% - needs boss
6: ▰▰▰▱ - 75%
| 7: ▱▱▱▱ - 0%
8: ▱▱▱▱ - 0%
9: ▱▱▱▱ - 0%
- Switched from The Games Factory Pro to Multimedia Fusion 1.5
- Screenshots Wave 2
- Draft engine completed
- New Carrier Designs
- Screenshots Wave 1
- Level 2 finished on Saturday. Level 3 started - ships blend in with the environment.
I'll add an Alliance Atmosfighter and the Attack Carrier. I'm leaning towards the idea of Level 3 being the atmosphere of a gas giant rather than a nebula.
- Level line up: 1. Recon. Fleet, 2. Asteroid Belt,
3. Gas Giant, 4. Space Minefield,
More to follow...
- Enemy Astrofighter Designs [ 1 | 2 ]
- Game Design Begins
|Genre: ||2D Space Shooter; vertical scroll |
|Platform: ||Windows 2000 onwards |
|Players: ||1 / 2 (local, co-operative) |