SF Models for Poser?

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
Shane

SF Models for Poser?

Post by Shane »

Thats smashing Nigel, thankyou very much. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

SF Models for Poser?

Post by AndyThomas »

Here it is - and I can get it into Cinema 4D, now all I have to do is, um, learn how to use Cinema 4D!!!http://www.sfxb.co.uk/sfgfx/fighter.objRight click, save as...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

SF Models for Poser?

Post by Shane »

Cheers for getting the file online so quickly Andy, very much appriceated.I'll try and import it into Poser.Shane.
Shane

SF Models for Poser?

Post by Shane »

It works! It works! I've scaled down one of my Termoid models and placed it by the side of Nigel's fighter, which I've just given a basic color fill, and it really looks the business. I'll try and get a picture put up before I hit the sack.Shane.
Shane

SF Models for Poser?

Post by Shane »

Here's 4 pics:http://www.bigdaix.com/fnt1.htmShane sleepy now....Night night. Shane.
NC

SF Models for Poser?

Post by NC »

Quote Quote: from mike on 10:28 pm on May 5, 2002 Is DirectX a particularly bad format to use in games?There is nothing wrong with .x as a format for games, its just that the model has something like 16,000 polygons, if you triple that to triangles you get about 31,000 triangles thats quite a lot of polygons for one model, if you plan to run the game at 30fps that 930,000 triangles a second about 1,860,000 for 60fps, for one model without the background, other ships etc. The model is very wasteful really, to get a nice smooth curves on the pipes I've used more polygons than needed, it was built to be rendered so like I say use it as a template for a game version, should be easy enough to get something under 1000 polygons, probably even less, textures go a long way to make up for the lack of polygons.Shane, Very nice pictures....Nigel(Edited by NC at 12:34 pm on May 6, 2002)
Shane

SF Models for Poser?

Post by Shane »

Cheers Nigel. Your Imperial fighter model rocks!I like the fact that it's a slight variation on the original fighter design, it could almost be a scout version, what with the smaller gun and slightly elongated main body.As you can see the Termoid model is progressing, with a slight shape change, and I've started work on the tail.I'm still converting Royloo's Gundam model into the Dai X and I've started work on the Delta Z which is going to look the business.On the character side, I have the Barry model and I have a Lamia/F01 work in progress. The main problem I'm going to have is actually decking out the character's with their unique costumes. The preset clothes in Poser aren't really appropriate, and I'm unsure on how you go about designing Poser costumes from scratch?Shane.(Edited by Shane at 2:59 pm on May 6, 2002)
AndyThomas

SF Models for Poser?

Post by AndyThomas »

Hmm. Well, Cinema 4D is still a bit of a mystery to me - I may need to shell out for a manual, or at least get some more PC Formats with tutorials in! However, through large amounts of guesswork and with the realisation that the material settings just needed colouring and not creating, here's my first crack at using Nigel's object. I don't know if I'm going to be able to figure out how to take it any further (e.g. engine glow, animation) but I suppose I have to start somewhere, and Imagine (the old Amiga prog I used to use years back) Cinema 4D isn't!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator