some XB textures

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
Bradster

some XB textures

Post by Bradster »

I have been watching clips of the show over and over and over again, trying my damnedest to get some quality shots to make realistic textures. Well, I just can't seem to get the angles I want. So, I'm giving up on that endeavor and starting to draw my own textures in Photoshop. I've just started Sunday, but am already making progress much faster than with the capturing, cropping, and distorting I had done before.I won't be using these any more, but if anyone else would like to use them, feel free to take them all.[edit -- see the new message below]Just be sure to post some pictures if you DO use them! (Edited by Bradster at 9:57 am on Aug. 26, 2002)
AndyThomas

some XB textures

Post by AndyThomas »

Thanks Brad - I'll have a look at those tonight. I'd pretty much resolved to create textures from scratch as well. Although the laserdisc cover shots are very good, I think that part of the problem lies in the lighting of the different shots. Because X-B in the series is always up against quite dark backgrounds and in large open areas it's not as well lit as the laserdisc publicity sort of photos are. I'll be interested to see what the tifs look like and what size they are - I've read one tutorial on texturing which was very interesting, so I'll probably have a crack at mine soon.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

some XB textures

Post by Bradster »

I've been doing some reorganizing and cleaning up on my server, and I've compressed these TIFFs into a single archive. If you haven't gotten then yet, Andy, or if anyone else wants them, here is the new location:http://brad.project-think.com/starfleet/textures.tgz (1.9 MB)