X-Bomber II

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
Bradster

X-Bomber II

Post by Bradster »

A couple weeks ago, as I was starting to get bored on my vacation from work, I sketched out an idea for a new "refit" of the X-Bomber itself. I'm not sure if I'll do much of anything with it, but I figured it'd be worth posting here anyway. X-Bomber II is slightly smaller than the original X-Bomber and a bit less organic in form. XB2 has a landing strut that extends from the neck for safer landings (it kinda bothered me how the XB was able to land and stay balanced on just its rear legs). Perhaps the biggest change from the original X-Bomber is that the XB2 can not only raise its neck to fire a super laser, the neck/head can actually detach from the rear fuselage for new tactical abilities when in battle.Here are some snapshots of the basic X-Bomber II model, with one of the original X-Bomber for size reference. All thumbnails link to larger versions.
Zordon

X-Bomber II

Post by Zordon »

they're good brad but im not that keen on the design.I had a go at a re-design some months back working on the past omega project.In the end i came up with a new optional battleship called dragon bomber. and the craft it carried where the upgrades of dai-x
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bradster

X-Bomber II

Post by Bradster »

Yeah, it didn't quite turn out as well as I'd hoped; I mostly dislike the way the neck looks so disproportionately long. I might take another try at a X-Bomber refit some time later with a different approach.