Dai X Jaeger

Chat about creative work on other sites
AlienRaider

Re: Dai X Jaeger

Post by AlienRaider »

BWAHAHAHAH- let me check all my DC outlets here....nope...all AC. :)
As far as weapons there should be the entire array of Dai X weapons- I already see him flying through the air with X-tracers.
It might be cool like you guys mentioned to have some sort of extending sword- I think it might be great to have it be an energy weapon as well- an extending segmented Lightsaber- also so I dont have to figure out where it would be stored. :lol:
Crash

Post by Crash »

Just put it on its back.

Speaking of Zentrix, I uploaded some timed screengrabs of that show. It's very little-known but it has something in common with Star Fleet in its style. And it has a red starring robot, along with many others.

The English voices are pretty excruciating, which is shame because the rest of the show is pure gold.

http://www.xbomber.co.uk/?dir=Other/Zentrix

I still have Volume 1 to do. I'm decoding disc 1 now ...
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Hm. That looks vaguely familiar? Looks a bit like Transformers Beast Wars, the girl is straight out of, well, every anime ever! Reminding me of Astroboy a touch too, quite old school?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

High voltage direct current is actually used in some places in the US (and the UK) for bulk transmission of electric power and is converted from and to AC at its end points (where necessary).

[Happosai]
Crash

Post by Crash »

HVDC, I never knew about that.
In the context of our discussion though, it's not the reason that NetApp storage controllers have different PSUs in the US to here, which was what our muppet seemed to think lol.
AlienRaider

Post by AlienRaider »

Update: I switched softwares because my previous methods were taxing my computer.
Experimenting with shapes. Thought it would be good to try PPA to learn some new modeling methods. All works in progress..
PPA.jpg
PPA.jpg (102.9 KiB) Viewed 16889 times
11.png
11.png (168.45 KiB) Viewed 16889 times
Crash

Post by Crash »

Great to see an update to this, what software are you using at the moment?
AlienRaider

Post by AlienRaider »

These are in modo. I was using Blender- which is also a fast free open source program- but I have a friend who teaches modo and have a seat. So I am learning some new techniques from concept designers in the field.
Crash

Post by Crash »

That's cool, the stuff you were doing in Blender looked superb though. It was really nicely lit.