New Comp

Chat about creative work on other sites
Zordon

New Comp

Post by Zordon »

New comp.Your TaskDesign a movie Poster for a new Star Fleet Movie."What do I win?"Your poster printed on shinny A1 by Alpha Graphics in Leicester"What Media Can I use?"Any as long as your picture is in colour and of a high definitionBasic Rules1 you can use stock photos from the show.2 you can use actors photos in your Poster.3 better still you can draw it from scratch.4 you must include the classic star fleet logo, film info such as cast credits, directors name and producers name. Plus a Date for when the film will be out.5 your poster must be in a high definition keeping to A1 messurments so it will print perfectly with no pixelation6 All entries must be sent to myself at Mailto:starfleetproject2004@yahoo.co.uk Closing Date will be the 17th of April. Good luck and have fun.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bradster

New Comp

Post by Bradster »

Hmm! I might actually throw my hat into the ring for this competition. I'll have to start brainstorming, I suppose...
AndyThomas

New Comp

Post by AndyThomas »

Perhaps you could outline exactly how many pixels etc will be needed for printing as A1 is very big, and whether you'll be able to get it sent to Brad and others not based in the UK. Is the poster just going to be sent to the winner and not used for anything else, if it's being printed by a company? What's their interest?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

New Comp

Post by Bradster »

My guess is that Zordon is expecting folks to have access to some sort of vector drawing software such as Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw that will allow the documents to scale up that large without any pixellation. As with Adobe Photoshop and its open source counterpart GIMP, there are free alternatives such as Inkscape and Sodipodi.If you're working in a bitmap editor instead (like Paint, Photoshop, GIMP, etc), my best guess is that 150 by 150 pixels per square inch (roughly 60 by 60 pixels per cm, right?) will be plenty suitable for this sort of print. For that matter, 75x75 ppi (30x30 ppcm) should do fine too since A1 is so large.In either case, these are going to be some pretty big files! Entries will weigh several MB, especially if they're bitmaps, and will surely fill up your mail quota. How much are you alloted for that e-mail account, Zordon?I wouldn't mind too much if I can't get a real copy. I just like the idea of having a creative challenge like this to work on in my spare time. I've been so busy with schoolwork lately that I haven't even touched my 3D models and other projects in months.
Zordon

New Comp

Post by Zordon »

I've been thinking about this for a few days and it maybe a good idea to work to an A3 scale. as long as the finished work is to that scale that should be ok.Alpha graphics have done a great deal of my posters in the past. I just pay them, they print, badabingbadaboom!!As for the overseas shipping i'll pay for that myself.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bradster

New Comp

Post by Bradster »

Well, scratch my name from that list. I haven't made time to work on this yet and finals are coming up...