New Fanfic story

Chat about creative work on other sites
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

I need to work on it a bit I think.I wrote TRA in almost isolation, so this new way of writing using an on-line, up-to-the-minute peer review is a different way of writing, but is quite exciting.I need to come up with another source of inspiration that The Imperial Master takes to help him create the Great Thalian Symbiotes.I noticed that your Great Skull had a symbiotic eyepatch, so I made a connection, and a mistake, so, sorry about that.In my mind I have Star Fleet exisiting on many different dimensions in completely different ways. Remember that episode of Red Dwarf where the crew meet themselves from another dimension and they are all women?In one dimension (this one) I see Star Fleet existing as the Puppet show we all know and love. On another dimension I see SF existing as a computer game, which Crash ably creates for me.When Corliss meets the Great Skull, he is given the gift of being able to travel between these dimensions at will, back and forth, as a gift from the Great Skull. Makara does not have this ability. The only ability she has is to escape death in one dimension by jumping to the next. (Shades of quantum leap here) Only Makara can't go back to a dimension she's been killed in, and hence ends up in the final 7th dimension, where all our fanfics are played out.I love this kind of deconstructional theme, it brings the events just a bit closer to reality for me.I must write that the Athenian teleporter transports Mary/Makara to the final 7th dimension. The 6th dimension being the one we are in with the Puppet Show.I got the "possesion through television" idea from Poltergeist.Another inspiration I got was to take the Imperial Master's goal of a "galactic peace through tyranny" from Megatron's motto on the back of his box written in his tech specs (Transformers). I thought that one evil leader could inspire another.I am also thinking a lot about Steampunk...
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

New Fanfic story

Post by Shane »

No it's all good, I like your thinking I was only a teeny bit confused by the Great Skull thang. The eyepatch is similar to Makara's but contains a pure energy being as do his rings and sword.From reading The Rise of the Alliance and various posts on threads it seemed like the energy beings would be drawn to various places early in the universe's life. Some are drawn to Gelmar as you have it in TROTA and some are drawn to the anomaly that is the Great Skull, as well as other places. I guess the line is then drawn for what is considered good and evil although there's room for shades of grey.Having The Great Skull meet 7 different energy beings from 7 different dimensions would be great and will connect well with Makara's journey through the 7 dimensions.You're free to do pretty much what you want with The Great Skull in the past, he just needs to retain his 7 symbionts until TROM's sequel, where he sheds 5 of them. I think he will shed the one in his sword in Dave's tale and then be free with just his symbiotic eye patch for company.I've been a fan of Steampunk ever since watching Laputa when I was younger. That is a top movie! One of my all time faves.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

Laputa?Not heard of that, I'll have to check it out, thanks.I know the acronym is TROTA but it just reminds me of Only Fools and Horses That's why I used TRA Whatever, it's just a story.I'm glad you've got the idea about the energy beings existing from the very beginning of the universe, and being drawn to the Gelmar Capacitor and other places. Having some shades of grey is a very cool concept too.I've got some thoughts on Steampunk and Star Fleet, so I might start another thread about it
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Zordon

New Fanfic story

Post by Zordon »

Vanessa, you're not related to Denese Bryer are you? (the voice of makara)http://m.fanfiction.net/u/2641159/?a=squite a funny coincidence that you've written such an ace fanfiction about makara and alllol.Sorry was poking about Google going deeper into any unseen pictures or content for the archive.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

Hey there you're quite the detective!Actually I did mention I was uploading my fanfic to the huge Fanfiction.net website on a post a while back. I am putting on an episode each week, I'm currently at EP12, although SFXB "regulars" have access to the entire fic   I was doing this to see if there were any other "Star Fleeters" out there, but sadly I've had no response at all from any fanfiction.net readers.I'm no relation to Denise Bryer (AKA Makara), but I did wonder how long it'd be before someone made the connection between my "pen name" for the fanfiction.net website, and Denise Bryer. I'm a big fan of Denise Bryer's work, so it's my little homage to her   Where have you got all those images from that you've put on the X-Archive? Some of the artwork is amazing. Sadly there are no descriptions, so I can't see who the artists were. Also, that Lamia Doll, is so sweet, I wonder who made the costume for her?Am I right in thinking that the voice actor picture is that of Constantine Gregory?

Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

New Fanfic story

Post by Crash »

Like I figured - good pen-name.We just grepped most of that stuff from of Google images.Thanks for upping some great stuff, guys and lady. We chewed out 9gigs of transfer last month - I wanna beat that this month... somehow.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

Heh heh! You got it   Thanks   Didn't want to use my own surname.Might lose some of my own aura of awesome mystery-ness   I'm still trying to get a proper hi-def scan in A2 of my Mike Noble Look-In mag Star Fleet artwork.Seems that those companies that advertise on the 'net that they can do A2 scanning are only able to do paper documents using roller feed scanners. They can't do anything that's on a card backing   Her impossible search continues... Might have some other cool X-Bomber stuff coming from Japan that I can photo & upload to the X-Archive. Keep tuning in folks!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

New Fanfic story

Post by Crash »

See what I mean?That'll be cool. You guys might not hear from me much in the next week. I'm gonna hammer the point home with X-Bomber if I can but I might be changing PCs.I'm in negotiation with a Dell corporate partner to bag a refurbished m1730. It's seriously pimped and kinda going for a song.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Joe Meredith

New Fanfic story

Post by Joe Meredith »

Well i have this downloaded as well and from what I have skimmed through it, like Shane's Revenge of Makara story look to be just excellent...I think I'll just stick to my transcription of the series and bow to Vanessa and Shane's fan fic skill! Its just great that there are folks out there who are keeping the legend alive with such quality work as this!A hearty congratulations!Joe
Vanessa

New Fanfic story

Post by Vanessa »

Hi Joe,Thank you for having a peep at my scribblings I'm glad you liked it, and I'm quite chuffed about your kind comments.I do hope you will one day write (and share) your own fanfic stories with us all here on the forum.The SF universe is big enough for everyone!It would also be very useful if you were able to transcribe the original show.I think you should start a transcription thread and post each episode as you cover them.We are all keeping the SF thang alive in many ways
Evasive Manoeuvres!