Star Fleet: TROM Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Post by Shane »

I thought I would make a new thread for discussion on the fan-fiction, Star Fleet: The Revenge of Makara, so there is no break up in flow of the main serialized TROM thread.This thread will contain spoilers including a rough synopsis of the entire story including its eventual sequel Star Fleet: Return of the Dai Warriors.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Vanessa wrote...Thank you Shane, and guys OK I will carry on regardless!The "Rise of the Alliance" is complete and finished and "out there", and does fit in with the other fan fics so far.All my ideas about the history of the Alliance are in my story, on the X-archive. I would be quite chuffed if there were any ideas from it you might wish to incorporate in your own serial Funnily enough I didn't go into detail about the origins of the Symbionts, other than that the Master used them to control his minions.In my next fic, "The Eternal Continuum" I pick up on the threads from my last story, and explore the origins of Makara and Captain Halley's father, Captain Corliss, a lot more. I have them as one-time lovers from the same ethereal plane as the F01. Makara falls from grace and is banished to the "real world" where she is forced to possess the bodies of unfortunate victims to continue her survival. Corrupted by the Imperial Master to his evil cause, and subverted by his symbiont, she becomes the "Angel of Death" that Corliss has to stop, once and for all.Now I was going to pick up Makara's story as she lay in the wreckage of the Imperial Cruiser, but you've already done that. So I could just as easily pick up her story once she has played her part in your TROM fic. Are you able to able to give me some details about this so I can carry on her story after yours?If not, that's OK as I feel I can pick up Makara's tale from where the original Star Fleet left it.Maybe this should all be on another thread?OOps! I'm looking forward to reading your works one day Shane.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I've only recently 'come back' to this forum on a more regular basis, so I must confess I haven't got round to reading your fan-fic in great detail, but I shall soon rectify this before I proceed with TROM any further.Having Makara and another Skull character as ethereal beings is quite interesting. Certain representatives of the Skull clan could be seen as being part of the conduit to the ethereal plane. For example: Halley was necessary in the creation of the F01 by joining with Lamia, and then giving her the ability to defeat and then send both herself and the Imperial Master into the ethereal plane.I have the F01 and Imperial Master in a kind of godlike game of chess in TROM. the F01 is much more stronger at this time, but every time she has to intervene in the physical plane she loses strength and gives the Imperial Master more power. In the event that the F01 has to become corporeal again and return to the physical world this will also release the Imperial master and return him back to our dimension too.The Imperial Master therefore concocts a cunning plan with the aid of Captain Arkama and Commander Makara to put the universe into jeopardy ensuring that the F01 has to return to the corporeal plane to prevent the catastrophe that Captain Arkama and his pawns are intending to trigger.Regarding Makara:Makara is rejuvenated by the spirit of the Imperial Master and becomes his agent of evil ensuring that his evil plan is carried out.Makara obtains a partially corrupted Dai Z through the course of TROM which when she joins with it, with the help of her symbiont, becomes the Delta Z. The space yacht and the delta Z which also transforms into a space craft become her primary vessels. Before this though, her first Mission is to try and intercept and destroy a skull like vessel captained by the possessor of a pure symbiont (I have an idea for a great pirate ship battle in space with plenty of swashbuckling action). It ends with the Skull captain escaping in his damaged ship. Happy that the Skull Captain is suitably slowed down, the Imperial Master orders Makara to break off the pursuit and rendezvous with the corrupted Dai Z.TROM ends on a downer for our heroes who barely manage to escape the events with their lives. The Imperial master then goes about rebuilding the Imperial Fleet for a MASSIVE battle in the sequel. Makara, herself is triumphant at the end of TROM in a battle between her Delta Z and the Dai X.The sequel is a bit more hazy, but the Alliance are beaten back by the end of TROM with the Imperial Master finally defeated in a 3 way battle between himself the F01 and the skull captain. Makara survives and escapes in her damaged sailing ship. So she's knocking around after the events of TROM and her sequel as a free agent.I'll post a rough synopsis of TROM in due course, and yes, hope to recomense writing of the serialization soon.

Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Thanks for moving my old post over to here and starting this new thread Shane.I'm not much cop when it comes to computer stuff, but writing's more my cup of tea I'm looking forward to any tasty TROM morsels that may appear BTW, I've adjusted my next story as it's a work in progress so I could pick up with Makara once she'd bowed out of TROM. I don't need her to have a symbiont (if you're planning to destroy it) or even for her to have a body. Just a bit of detail as to how she ends up leaving TROM.I'm quite flexible here. It's quite fun having a fluid storyline and meeting the challenge of dovetailing with other active works. Bring it on!Incidentally, I'm having a little experiment to see what other Star Fleet fans may be out there. I'm adding a chapter each week of my "Rise of the Alliance" story to the huge "Fanfiction.net" site. I've added 10 chapters so far over 10 weeks, and had virtually no interest at all. So I can only conclude from this that most online SF fans are already connected with this forum and the sites created by it's members.So a Star Fleet Wiki might be just the thing to broaden the catchment area a bit?
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Heyup, looks like we posted at the same time Thank you for the details about TROM. It all sounds very awesome indeed, what a plot!I'm glad you've returned to the fold as it were Let me know what you think of my story. If you can get past Episode 1 you WILL get to some tasty Alliance action.OK, so I could pick up with Makara after the end of your TROM sequel. In her damaged sailing vessel, injured and beaten but alive.Does she still have her symbiont?Then I'll carry on her story.I'm looking forward to reading more TROM.Seems the Star Fleet world is a huge one!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yeah, no probs at all.I think this is probably it for the hardcore Star Fleet/X Bomber obsessive.   It used to be a much more busy place in the early 00s, but I think a lot of people naturally moved on. On the original forum you didn't have to register and that was very busy indeed and full of 20-something post-pub chatter about the show. God, I think my first post many moons ago was - who's hotter Lamia or Keeli? I think my quality of posting improved over the years, but I maintain that it was a legitimate question. Star Fleet was much more of a mystery back than too, with no DVD available, that forum, and eventually this one became the main way to obtain the complete series on glorious vhs tapes!There are actually a few facebook pages on Star Fleet with quite a number of members, so there are plenty of people in the know still. I think the facebook side is more casual whereas this forum has become a base for the creative types.I think Crash, has pretty much kept the torch burning on this particular forum for the last few years, with the development of his game,I must confess, since 2004 I've become a bit more of a lurker with occasional bursts of activity, such as this one, as like most people I have other commitments. Still, I shall endeavour to finish TROM this time around and hopefully contribute a little bit to the Star Fleet wiki.Makara and her symbiont are in one piece after the events of the sequel to TROM. Free from the Imperial Master's control she flees in her sailing ship in the final battle, when she sees that the Imperial forces are done for.

Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Yup, I think this is the place for the person who needs more SF in their life, than the original show can cater for I wish I'd been about in the early days of the SF forum/s, as they sounded quite interesting from what you say. But I was busy with other stuff back then.I can't comment about Princess Keeli versus Lamia, but I reckon Barry H is pretty buff I know what you mean about Facebook & SF. Doesn't "Makara" have her own page? I have a few friends who fondly remember the show, but not with enough interest to join this forum or create SF stuff (Obsessive somes to mind... )Crash is very busy SF-wise. He welcomed me to this forum last year, and I'm glad he's kept things going, as you say. Hats off to you Crash!Heck I know what you mean about having other commitments!! It's not easy to find the right quiet moments to write fanfics I'm planning to have a week off from work soon and shut myself away for the week and just write write write! Looking forward to that, might get the next story done Thanks for the Makara TROM info. I can weave that lot into my next plot.Good luck with your writing.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

I think the Princess was far better - shame she only got one episode. I think it's also a shame that they weren't progressive enough to have any real, tough women on the show because, let's face it, Lamia was a bit ... irritating and mushy.I just wanted to write a game for my own consumption. I just decided it would be interesting to put it online.  I'm not sure why, but I wanted to base it on a show rather than an original setting.I did small games since I was about 7 or 8. I gave them away on floppy disks. It was quite a good thing for Red Nose days and stuff. In my final year of primary school I made quite a haul for them. We had just over 200 kids in "middle" and "senior" which were both in the same building and I took about 200 orders for my two-disk compendium of all 6-or-so cyberwar platformers.  I had nowhere near enough so I just took orders and bought the disks the next day and started dishing them out over the next week. The school wouldn't even let me use their machines to speed up the duplication. It's funny how both schools I went to hated what I do.I seem to have all of them in either source or compiled versions but not many of them with both.That was like 1998 and they were 32-bit scrolling programs with lots of animation and a few had 2-player and a few puzzles.Fun times. We also built a robot for Robot Wars in my grandpa's workshop that year but it got totalled in a local competition in Newcastle a couple of years later. Pity it wasn't televised because it was quite a spectacular finish, of which we were on the receiving end. It was massive and fast as hell. I think it probably got taken to the tip when their house got emptied.Sorry that was a turning-into-a-pensioner post.

Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Post by Shane »

That's the purpose of this thread - Comments on TROM and nostalgic pensioner posts. That sounds very entrepreneurial, Crash, pretty impressed! And of course you gave the right answer by choosing Princess Keeli.Meanwhile... check out the cylinders on this one:http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....y_mediaJust a rough sketch I knocked up this evening and snapped with a digital camera.I will scan this properly eventually and polish it up, as I'm looking to add an image or two to accompany each chapter of TROM.Next up will be the Dai Z
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I too thought Lamia was a bit, well, wet.They did have a tough female on the show though; Makara!You were quite the business entrepreneur Crash!I remember selling digital watches and those squidgy spiders you used to throw at the wall and they'd slowly move downwards, in the playground way back when I was 9 yrs old I also remember some of the boys used to play with those little matchbox cars. I was quite good at painting and I used to paint the cars different colours for them, for a price of course Gosh I was about 7 yrs old when I did that, memories!That Dai-X picture you've drawn is totally awesome Shane! Very clever!I can't wait to see some more of your artwork.I'm envious, wish I could do that.Speaking of creativity, I was having a rummage about in the loft, and came across a box with a Lego model of Dai-X that I made way back in 1983. Had no idea I'd kept it. So I took a few pictures and put them on the X-archive.He's fully poseable, but not transformable though. He's kinda cute.I've no idea how to put a link to the X-archive piccies in this post though. Doh!
Evasive Manoeuvres!