Star Fleet: TROM Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Chat about creative work on other sites
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I'm really liking the Great Skull concept. I think it adds greatly to the whole Star Fleet saga.Your drawing is great, I'd no idea he had a beard, it seems to be a SF theme Love the sword with the blade passing though the skull head!He looks like a worldly-wise character.I can picture Captain Corliss being drawn to him, as they are both ethereal other-worldly beings.This is all such fun.I've hinted at multiple personalities and the madness they can cause in my Prequel, with the Mary/Makara/Symbiote theme. It's cool you're using the same thinking.The past, present and future are all linking together
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

(Shane @ Feb. 21 2011,21:24)QUOTEPresenting The Great Skull:http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....y_mediaAn Inter-dimensional traveller from a steam-punk world, The Great Skull arrives in a young Star Fleet universe and is sought out and possessed by 7 pure energy life forms. The 2 strongest possess the captain's skull eye patch and skull sword. The others possess each of his  5 skull rings on his right hand gauntlet. The pure beings manipulate the molecular structure of the material allowing the skulls to become animated and appear to speak. They also offer insight to the captain and learn from his memories.The beings were initially attracted to the Captain because he is pure of heart and an anomaly in this universe as he comes from another dimension. They needed a vessel who could stand the trauma of co-existing with multiple personalities. The Captain is only able to maintain consciousness for short periods as the multiple personalities drive him to madness. He is therefore awoken only when the pure energy beings deem it necessary.The pure beings knew that some of their kind had been drawn to the dark world of Gelmar and that they would eventually be used by The Imperial Master to gain control of the universe, plunging it into darkness forever. The Imperial Master would become invincible by the time of the 30th century of a race that would become known as human.All was not lost though, as where there is evil, there is always good and the pure energy life forms became aware that there would be a being known in the language of the humans as the F01 who could stop this threat.The Great Skull is used to set a chain of events in motion through brief appearances over a countless number of years.The F01 saved the universe at the cosmic alignment, but a new threat looms which threatens the very existence of the universe. And so... The Great Skull is awoken once more...Ok, Idea!!!!the great skull will awaken Dai-ruken from it's 10 billion year slumber. by plunging the sword into the centre chest jewel.this infusion of power will transfer all 7 of the beings from the great skull to dai-ruken and fuse into 1 consence. the true dai-ruken.http://www.xbomber.co.uk/wiki/index.php ... -Rukenjust a hint at Dai-ruken and a possible link to the Great Skull. let me know if this seems ok if not I can scrap it.

Look an Alien cruiser!!
Shane

Post by Shane »

(Vanessa @ Feb. 22 2011,00:00)QUOTEI'm really liking the Great Skull concept. I think it adds greatly to the whole Star Fleet saga.Your drawing is great, I'd no idea he had a beard, it seems to be a SF theme   Love the sword with the blade passing though the skull head!He looks like a worldly-wise character.I can picture Captain Corliss being drawn to him, as they are both ethereal other-worldly beings.This is all such fun.I've hinted at multiple personalities and the madness they can cause in my Prequel, with the Mary/Makara/Symbiote theme. It's cool you're using the same thinking.The past, present and future are all linking together Cheers. I think the task of finishing TROM is becoming easier because more people are involved in the saga now, and having, say, a strong concept of how the alliance came into being, means I don't have to come up with so much raw material from scratch. Which is great, because all that plotting can give you a serious headache.There was always going to be an inter-dimensional Skull Captain with a symbiont in TROM even from the early days, but a lot of his back story has been influenced by Rise of the Alliance. Those energy beings sure have been useful. It's really great that he will influence Corliss who will go on to influence Halley. The Great Skull should prove to be a decent plot device for all of the projects.I've always been interested in the symbionts and in particular the whole brain washing of Captain Carter arc, even when I was very young. It stuck with me as being quite heavy concepts for a kids show.I guess if you become a fan of the show and have the inclination to write a story about it you will likely be reading off the same hymn sheet as others, but it is spooky how well every-one's ideas are meshing.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Post by Shane »

(Zordon @ Feb. 22 2011,09:02)QUOTE
(Shane @ Feb. 21 2011,21:24)QUOTEPresenting The Great Skull:http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....y_mediaAn Inter-dimensional traveller from a steam-punk world, The Great Skull arrives in a young Star Fleet universe and is sought out and possessed by 7 pure energy life forms. The 2 strongest possess the captain's skull eye patch and skull sword. The others possess each of his  5 skull rings on his right hand gauntlet. The pure beings manipulate the molecular structure of the material allowing the skulls to become animated and appear to speak. They also offer insight to the captain and learn from his memories.The beings were initially attracted to the Captain because he is pure of heart and an anomaly in this universe as he comes from another dimension. They needed a vessel who could stand the trauma of co-existing with multiple personalities. The Captain is only able to maintain consciousness for short periods as the multiple personalities drive him to madness. He is therefore awoken only when the pure energy beings deem it necessary.The pure beings knew that some of their kind had been drawn to the dark world of Gelmar and that they would eventually be used by The Imperial Master to gain control of the universe, plunging it into darkness forever. The Imperial Master would become invincible by the time of the 30th century of a race that would become known as human.All was not lost though, as where there is evil, there is always good and the pure energy life forms became aware that there would be a being known in the language of the humans as the F01 who could stop this threat.The Great Skull is used to set a chain of events in motion through brief appearances over a countless number of years.The F01 saved the universe at the cosmic alignment, but a new threat looms which threatens the very existence of the universe. And so... The Great Skull is awoken once more...Ok, Idea!!!!the great skull will awaken Dai-ruken from it's 10 billion year slumber. by plunging the sword into the centre chest jewel.this infusion of power will transfer all 7 of the beings from the great skull to dai-ruken and fuse into 1 consence. the true dai-ruken.http://www.xbomber.co.uk/wiki/index.php ... -Rukenjust a hint at Dai-ruken and a possible link to the Great Skull. let me know if this seems ok if not I can scrap it.Yeah, that sounds pretty good and could work well.The Great Skull survives the events of TROM's sequel: Return of the Dai Warriors. But he sheds 5 of the pure energy beings during a 3 way duel with the Imperial Master and is left with just his eye patch and sword symbionts. at the conclusion.He is now able to maintain consciousness without going too crazy and travels the universe when my two stories are finished.Having him reactivate the Dai-ruken with his Skull sword would be great as he could shed another symbiont and just be left with his eyepatch which would allow him to live a much more sane existence. It could be the last task he has to perform to complete the prophesy of the ancients. Then he would be free to go on his own adventures after your OMEGA.The energy being in the sword is pure and could safely be assumed that it would provide a powerful enough spark to kick-start the Dai-ruken.It would actually be quite a fitting end to this part of the saga if the ancient version of the Dai-X - The Dai-ruken finally defeats the Imperial Master, so I'll hold back from destroying him totally in my tale, although He and his forces take a pretty sound beating by the end of Return of the Dai Warriors.

Zordon

Post by Zordon »

i think we could make a list of characters in each of our stories and see if we can flesh out back stories and how they would evolove. MSN chat tonight anyone?get me on redeagleranger1@yahoo.co.uk if you want to add me. windows Messenger is my defalt
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I'm glad my story and characters are becoming so useful It's like the story is coming alive! Having my prequel supporting other tales gives it an air of authority and believeability that I could never have dreamed of!The symbionts and the workings of Thalian society have fascinated me for a while. And also the Laser Memory Dissimilator. So I traced it's development from an early unreliable machine, to the device which was able to corrupt Capt. Carter. I too thought it was a very dark theme for a kids show I thinks it's really cool how Zordon's story (it needs a name, if it's not Omega?) is begining to take shape after the events of TROM II.Even the Imperial Master is making a comeback!Alas I don't have "MSN Chat", so I can't join in. But I'll put a brief synopsis of my next story "The Eternal Continuum" on my own fanfic thread. Including characters needed. I'll do this later today.Then I won't be back on line until Friday
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yeah, I've never bothered with msn, myself. This is the only forum I post on really, although I lurk on an archive tv forum which is very informative, but can be a slightly scarey place, sometimes.I can do what you guys are doing though, and provide a rough list of new characters for TROM.Captain Arkama - A rogue Imperial captain in possesion of a Thalian ancient symbiont.Commander Crow - Commander of Moonbase.Shin Darrow - Proffesor Hagen's assistantThe Dai-X Mk II - Aesthetically very similar to the Mk I, but with a few nips and tucks. Much more manouverable and armed with some new weapons.Lunar Assault Suit System - a rank and file piloted mechanoid system developed on the moon, but soon to be distributed to other EDF outposts across the solar system. It will also be carried in Star Fleet's new carrier ships for rapid deployment anywhere in the galaxy. The Great Skull The Dai ZZ-CruiserThe Delta Z - Makara's corrupted version of the Dai ZKarina Zin - Leader of the warrior monks on the lost planet of the ancients.The Omnibeast - An anti-matter lifeform that threatens the universe.Space Pilot Emma Steel - A hotshot young female X-Fighter pilot with a crush on Shiro.

Zordon

Post by Zordon »

oooooh someone for shiro to get all moppy about. I'd try and make Shiro the next Captain of the accadamy or at least he's spent time with the new cadets and Emma knows of his work durring TOASDoes anyone remember that picture i did with the moth mecha years ago. in the frames i did was a pod containing a pure clone of makara who had been only altered with the bio nano's causing her to be younger than she was in TOAS - I might throw that in there and call her mary, changing the mary character i've got in mine to another name. characters in OmegaSubaroBarryLeePPAMary - now Maranda Kyle - General kyles daughter and commander of Dragon BomberSabastine LagunGenji Yodama - Rouge Pilot of the rebellion joins Dragon Bombers crew after being boarded Hikaru Joji - youngest pilot the accadamy has aquiredSusan Lamorey - Maranda's friend and also her helmswomanLeroy - possibly a reletive of the Hercules familyDr Denardo - worked in conjunction with Subaro on mars and also worked with Shin on the Delta Project - creator of the dragon-bomberMakara - Reborn from one of the clones on the ice planetMary - a Pure clone of Makara before she was altered by the AllianceDairuken - ancient bio organic being that is similar to Dai-X
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yeah, Shiro has reached the rank of Captain, which was revealed in a bit of radio banter in chapter 2 of TROM.Shiro is a little bit more mature now and takes on the mantle of Captain Carter in memory of his old mentor.Emma is a fantastic pilot who can fly anything! She gets close to beating Shiro's score in the Braincom simulator, but is distracted when Shiro walks in. This all happens in Chapter 6.Shiro still works with Lee and Hercules as they are a dream team and are ultimately the only people who can operate the Dai-X to a successful degree due to their great team work.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Hey guys, what a complex web we weave!It's hard to keep up with it all This is the only forum I post on as well. I was heavily involved with another (open) forum a few years ago, answering tech queries for folks with Land Rover problems, and that could get quite scary (and heated!) as well.The L.A.S.S. reminds me a bit of the C.H.A.S. from "Roughnecks; Starship Trooper Chronicles".The Emma Steel character sounds like a cool character!Probably a silly question, but what's TOAS?There are a lot of different Mary's/Makara's about in Omega. I'm losing track of them all I guess I'll have to wait and read the story to find out.There's aren't really many (or indeed any) new characters in my next fic: "The Eternal Continuum". Neither are there lots of new tasty mecha. I'll leave that to you guys. But I'll pop a brief synopsis of it on my fanfic thread.Keep up the ideas
Evasive Manoeuvres!