Star Fleet: TCOE Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Postby Shane » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:04 am

TCOE you ask?Well, having looked at my overall story bible it seems more sensible to finish TROM with a cliffhanger (quite literally), so the next chapter will be the final part of this story with a brief epilogue to conclude the tale.The original longer epilogue that was planned will be removed and will be fleshed out into a short story of its own as there is an Imperial-centric tale I want to tell which will also reveal the fate of certain characters.This story will be called:Star Fleet: The Council of EvilThis will lead into Star Fleet: Return of the Dai Warriors with no changes to that story needed. i.e. The story restarts a week or two after the events of TROM as planned.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!

Crash

Postby Crash » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 am

This sounds interesting!Can't wait to see it!
Dream big and bold and daring.

Vanessa

Postby Vanessa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:55 pm

That's the trouble with story writing, one tale leads into another... and it gets addictive.I'm looking forward to TCOE already.I must admit that the end of TROM does leave a few threads dangling, and I guess tieing some up by writing a mini-series is just sooo tempting.I think that your TCOE idea sounds like a great way of leading into ROTDW, and will help to set the stage for the epic battles to come at the end of that series as well.Your writing goes from strength to strength Shane.Keep it up!
Evasive Manoeuvres!

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 am

Yeah, I was originally going to tie up most of the dangling plot threads at the end of TROM with a 28th chapter, but it seemed like too much of a cop out to right so many wrongs in a mere 1000 words after 27 chapters of set up and I wanted this tale to be about revenge; a 'what if' the bad guys won and all the good guys fell story, so I end it with The Imperial Master and Makara victorious.I am considering writing a prelude and an epilogue for the story which would be in the voice of Captain Halley. With Lamia and the Master's return to the physical plane I'm leaving his spirit behind as the guardian of the ethereal plane.It would still allow for TROM to end on the right beat while hinting at potential hope for the future.So, behind the scenes there is still hope for our heroes and Vanessa and Zordon are pretty much right on the money with their guesses so far. The steam punk Dai-X is definitely on the cards, but post ROTDW.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 am

(Shane @ Jun. 21 2011,10:06)QUOTEI am considering writing a prelude and an epilogue for the story which would be in the voice of Captain Halley.I meant prologue not prelude.

Vanessa

Postby Vanessa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Yup, I agree with you there, simply tieing up all the plot threads in one simple last chapter would have been doing a bit of an injustice to the previous 27 chapters.Well you certainly had the "bad guys" win in the end there!   I like the idea of prologues and epilogues to "top'n'tail" a series. Hence I wrote them for my TRA story. It's a fun way of hinting at things that happened before the main story, and then what might go on after it's conclusion.I first saw this idea used in a televison series called "The Invaders", which was a rather lame, US TV series from the 60's, about alien invaders on earth, starring the slightly cardboard Roy Thinnes, and produced by Quinn/Martin.Anyway, I digress...I think your idea of having Captain Halley "voicing" the prologue and epilogue is a very good one.After the devastating ending of TROM (for the good guys anyway) we certainly need a drop of hope to appear for them."Post ROTDW" eh...? I wonder what tale will be woven then? A "Steampunked" Dai-X is really intriguing me   Now I'm wondering if the smashed remains of the Dai-X on Gelmar 2 might be gathered up by the fleeing X-Bomber, or alternatively by the Great Skull?If it's the latter, then they could possibly end up on Aeolus and hence get "Steampunked"... Or maybe they'll just be left to rot on the surface of Gelmar 2?Oh the possibilities...

Evasive Manoeuvres!

Shane

Postby Shane » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:58 am

I thought it would be good to use Captain Halley as a kind of framing device and have him reside in the ethereal plane just in case somebody wants to use him down the line.The Dai-X wreckage on Gelma 2 is not ready for the scrap heap yet.

Crash

Postby Crash » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Can someone put what's already written in a file so I can sit down and blow thru it on the bus?

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:18 pm

I'll get that sorted shortly.

Crash

Postby Crash » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Awesome - didn't mean to be pushy (well, not more than normal, lol), just interested.I'm actually very timid in RL haha!

Return to “Other Creative Work”