The Star Fleet MSN Chat night

Chat about creative work on other sites
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

I've been wanting to do one of these for a while for here.I rarely speak with Peirs about the fan fics and projects.It's be nice to get everyone together in msn or messenger and chew the fat about our fan fics and what we have planned.I'll be away next week but the week commencing the 4th will be good until thursday.what sort of times are people avalible I'm guessing the evening is ok with peeps.just drop your MSN or ID in here or PM and hope to chat with you all soon.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Oh now that would be good!ID= piersbell @ hotmail .com (not .co.uk - I was there before there was such a thing).I'll keep my MSN running - I'll be there when you guys are! Although it's harder in Win7 because then you close the messenger window it stops the program completely now rather than running it in the clock tray.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Did this chat night go ahead?If so, any chance of a quick recap for those of us who don't do MSN chat?Although I do have a hotmail.com addy, I joined back in the days before Microsoft owned Hotmail, when I used to understand how computers worked. Alas I didn't keep up with the tech know-how, and now all I do is press buttons    I've heard from a few others that Windows 7 can be a bit irritating. Luckily I've got good 'ol XP Pro However, there has been a bit of movement in Vanessa's Tech set-up, as my trusty old Dell XP M1210 laptop now sports a Solid State Drive in place of the HDD. (No, I didn't fit it myself, someone with vastly superiour computing abilities than I, did). I can say that it's TOTALLY AWESOME!It's transformed the speed of the machine, the egg-timer symbol is now almost a thing of the past, and without the familiar whine of the old HDD, the machine is almost completely (and quite eerily) silent, with only the occasional sound of the processor cooling fan kicking in. Definitely a mod well worth doing, and not at all expensive either.

Evasive Manoeuvres!
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Hey all, just got back off my holidays.Should be doing the chat either friday night around 9pm so if your on and up still PM me here.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Friday 9PM - I'd been looking forward to it.XP is a brilliant operating system. Looking back, people will probably see it as the best for its time ever.7 is very nice but there are some odd design decisions. It's like she tries a little hard sometimes and forgets about certain details.All you do with Messenger is either - use the XP one on Windows 7 (which you can do) OR run the new one in Compatibility Mode for Vista. That stops it signing you off when you close the main window.Anyway, you should download the XP Windows Live Messenger thing and hook up with us. At least the XP one works well.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Well, it's 9pm and I''ve been trying to use this messenger thingy with (predictably) crummy results.Can't seem to connect to anyone, even though it tells me that I'm connected to messenger.What a total Luddite I am.Now I'm just getting cross that I can't do something that I'd imagine most folks here would find as easy as falling off a log.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Find the button where it says Add Contact and you can add as many people as you want as long as you have their hotmail address.
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

You don't appear as online CrashOh btw its slayer.rises@yahoo.co.ukBtw Vanessa its Saturday. I think you are a day late.

Even in Death, I still Serve
Crash

Post by Crash »

Missed you tonight 'cos of movie night. Was unlucky to miss you, normally have it on.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

"Awoogah!""Stupid Cow Alert!"My apologies. As Mach1na pointed out, I was indeed a day late.Well, in my mind, time is just an abstract concept that I don't necessarily subscribe to I do have an excuse, however feeble:I am rather ill at present with a chest infection and bad cold.I went to bed and stayed there for 2 days and kind-of "lost" a day. So I thought it was Friday and dragged myself out of my death-bed to try and fathom out the MSN messenger chat thingy (still don't know what to call it).I wanted to take part in the Star Fleet MSN chat night, but ended up missing it by one day, and instead made a complete on-line fool of myself in the process At least I have achieved two things:1) Thanks to Mach1na's help, I now have the ability to participate in future MSN chats.2) I have cemented my position as Forum Luddite Goodnight all...!
Evasive Manoeuvres!