Star Fleet: The Revenge of Makara

Chat about creative work on other sites
Shane

Post by Shane »

Well, what with all the influx of new fan projects I thought I'd dust off my: The Revenge of Makara project.It was originally going to be a trilogy of comic books with TROM being the first. Time constraints and, to be honest, a period of disinterest with SF meant that it was never fully realized.Anyway I'm going to address this and convert the rough plot for the 3 comic books into 2 text based stories with 24 chapters each. The two titles will be, The Revenge of Makara and Return of the Dai Warriors.Now that there is a fan-site (and I hope it stays) it could maybe end up on there?Anyway I'll present the first chapter here with a brief look at past, present and future plans for continuing the SF mythos.Star Fleet: Series 1 (The F01 Campaign) 24 Episode TV SeriesStar Fleet: Series 2 (Genesis) 15 Chapter Story (6 months after the year 3000)Star Fleet: Series 3 (The Revenge of Makara) 24 Chapter Story (1 year after the year 3000)Star Fleet: Series 4 (Return of the Dai Warriors) 24 Chapter Story (2 years after the year 3000)Star Fleet: Series 5 (Project Omega) Story (3 years after the year 3000)Star Fleet: The Revenge of MakaraChapter 1: The Seeds of PerilIt is the year 3001 the Thalian Space Wars continue with the solar system acting as a front line of defence against the alien raiders of the Thalian zone. The Imperial Alliance strength has dissipated since the defeat of the Imperial Master by the F01 during their great duel at the cosmic alignment, but the events of the last 6 months have shown that the scattered remnants of the Imperial Alliance fleet, while unfocused, are still a potential threat to Earth Defence Forces and any other star system in the galaxy.Much of the Alliance Fleet has taken to acts of piracy and now strike terror into the inhabitants of countless worlds lying on the outer rim of the galaxy. Some however have pursued a different course since the fragmentation of the Alliance such as Captain Arkama who at the helm of a Osteichthyes class battle cruiser has been on an obsessive quest within the Thalian zone.His quest was triggered by his symbiont who free from the Imperial Master’s control is able to have a more free and active role in guiding his flesh and blood counterpart. Arkama’s which is placed on his left eye and has the features of a face is one of the oldest of the Thalian ancients.The ancients existed long before the rise of the Imperial Master, they were eventually rediscovered and captured by the Imperial Master and were separated from their original bodies to be transplanted onto a new generation of Thalian life forms. Each symbiont would be passed onto other hosts through the ages, acquiring knowledge from each host. Arkama’s symbiont was one of the 12 great elders. Over time the elder symbionts dwindled with some becoming lost or destroyed through the ages. During this generation, Captain Arkama and the great Commander Makara were the last Imperial warriors possessed of elder symbionts, but now with the death of Makara and the loss of her symbiont, Arkama’s is now the last of the elders.The regain of control by the Imperial Master’s destruction had returned the symbiont’s insight and memories of his past as one of the ancient elders of the Thalian Zone. It has persuaded his flesh and blood host to go on a search for the lost chamber of the elders that resides on a forgotten planet somewhere in the vast emptiness of the Thalian Zone. Arkama was sceptical at first but the promise of power and the demonstration of excruciating pain that the symbiont delivered him when an order was questioned has conditioned him enough to obey the orders of the ancient... for now.Alarm sirens rang out over the bridge of the Alliance battle cruiser accompanied by the droning tones of the Termoid crew.“Captain Arkama! Our scopes have detected that we are nearing an uncharted planet. What are your orders Captain?”“Reduce quantum speed now!”Arkama’s symbiont master blinked into life and whispered, “At last… …the planet of the ancients!” “This is it then?”“Yessssss” Whispered the symbiotic entity. “Home at last… …after an eternity.”The Termoid crew started shouting again, “Captain, our scans have detected a small artificial moon orbiting the planet.”Arkama, with some hidden insight from his ancient counterpart, gave the order to continue their present course with caution. The termoids rang out again and suddenly a bald humanoid dressed in robes appeared on the bridge view screen, “We are the defenders of this planet, we have waited millennia for your return, we have been given the task of repelling you.”The view screen went dead again and a barrage of laser missiles were launched from the artificial moon. Arkama shouted at the Termoids, “Shields up!” which they were happy to oblige while repeating Arkama’s order in their discordant tones. A shimmering light enveloped the Catfish like battle cruiser and safely defended it from the dozen missiles that flew into its path.Arkama in mocking tones dismissed the pathetic attempts of the current inhabitants of this ancient world and gave the order to open fire. Lightening energy rippled from the nose of the Cruiser and shot out towards the moon in a blink of an eye. After a couple of seconds of rapid fire the moon was no more, destroyed in a dazzling ball of fire which was quickly consumed by the stark vacuum of space.Arkama gave out a maniacal laugh as the Battle Cruiser made it’s way towards the planet, “The power of the ancients…” he began to start before the sentence was completed by the mask like face on his left eye, “will be mine!”
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

sounds great so far Shane, yep the sites gonna be around for a long while, although we may have a 2 week peiod when we Migrate over to the finished site. feel free to let me add this to the site
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Cheers. It would be nice to have this put on the fansite, I just need to tweak chapter 1 and then I'll re-post it. Damn board won't let me edit it.And of course in my series rundown I meant that Project Omega occurs 5 years after the events of the show.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I'm going to re-post the now finished draft of the 1st chapter of The Revenge of Makara after this message, followed by the 2nd Chapter.I'd like to create an image for each chapter eventually, time permitting, but I going to concern myself with getting regular chapters completed at the moment.Anyway, here we go!

Shane

Post by Shane »

Star Fleet: The Revenge of MakaraChapter 1: The Seeds of PerilIt is the year 3001 the Thalian Space Wars continue with the solar system acting as a front line of defence against the alien raiders of the Thalian zone. The Imperial Alliance’s strength has dissipated since the defeat of the Imperial Master by the F01 during their great duel at the cosmic alignment, but the events of the last 6 months have shown that the scattered remnants of the Imperial Alliance fleet, while unfocused, are still a potential threat to Earth Defence Forces and any other star system in the galaxy.Many vessels of the Alliance Fleet have taken to acts of piracy and now strike terror into the inhabitants of countless worlds lying on the outer rim of the galaxy. Some however have pursued a different course since the fragmentation of the Alliance such as Captain Arkama, who at the helm of a osteichthyes class battle cruiser, has been on an obsessive quest within the Thalian zone.His quest was triggered by his symbiont who free from the Imperial Master’s control is able to have a more free and active role in guiding his flesh and blood counterpart. Arkama’s which is placed on his left eye and has the features of a face is one of the oldest of the Thalian ancients.The ancients existed long before the rise of the Imperial Master. They enjoyed thousands of years of seclusion before eventually being discovered and captured by the ambitious Imperial master. He separated the ancients from their original bodies and transplanted them into promising candidates from all over the galaxy. Each symbiont would be passed onto other hosts through the ages, acquiring knowledge from each host. Arkama’s symbiont was one of the 12 great elders. Over time the elder symbionts dwindled with some becoming lost or destroyed through the ages. During this generation, Captain Arkama and the great Commander Makara were the last Imperial warriors possessed of elder symbionts, but now with the death of Makara and the loss of her symbiont, Arkama’s is now the last of the elders.The regain of control by the Imperial Master’s destruction had returned the symbiont’s insight and memories of his past as one of the ancient elders of the Thalian Zone. It has persuaded his flesh and blood host to go on a search for the lost chamber of the elders that resides on a forgotten planet somewhere in the vast emptiness of the Thalian Zone. Arkama was sceptical at first, but the promise of power and the demonstration of excruciating pain that the symbiont delivered to him when an order was questioned conditioned him enough to obey the orders of the ancient... for now.Alarm sirens rang out over the bridge of the Alliance battle cruiser accompanied by the droning tones of the Termoid crew.“Captain Arkama! Our scopes have detected that we are nearing an uncharted planet. What are your orders Captain?”“Reduce quantum speed now!”Arkama’s symbiont master blinked into life and whispered, “At last… …the planet of the ancients!” “This is it then?”“Yessssss” Whispered the symbiotic entity. “Home at last… …after an eternity.”The Termoid crew started shouting again, “Captain, our scans have detected a small artificial moon orbiting the planet.”Arkama, with hidden insight from his ancient counterpart, gave the order to continue their present course with caution. The termoids rang out again and suddenly a bald humanoid dressed in robes appeared on the bridge view screen, “We are the defenders of this planet, we have waited millennia for your return, we have been given the task of repelling you.”The view screen went dead again and a barrage of laser missiles were launched from the artificial moon. Arkama shouted at the Termoids, “Shields up!” they were happy to oblige while repeating Arkama’s order in their discordant tones. A shimmering light enveloped the Catfish like battle cruiser and safely defended it from the dozen missiles that flew into its path.Arkama in mocking tones dismissed the pathetic attempts of the current inhabitants of this ancient world and gave the order to open fire. Lightening energy rippled from the nose of the Cruiser and shot out towards the moon in a blink of an eye. After a couple of seconds of rapid fire the moon was no more, destroyed in a dazzling ball of fire which was quickly consumed by the stark vacuum of space.Arkama gave out a maniacal laugh as the Battle Cruiser made it’s way towards the planet, “The power of the ancients…” he began to start before the sentence was completed by the mask like face on his left eye, “will be mine!”
Shane

Post by Shane »

Star Fleet: The Revenge of MakaraChapter 2: Return of a LegendEarth’s moon - silent and solitary until the last thousand years where upon it became the second home for the human race. In recent times planet Earth’s moon was used as the last line of defence in one of the great battles of galactic history. The brave soldiers of Moonbase aided in the defence of Earth, but an elite few, through their great bravery, saved the entire galaxy!Across the barren lunar landscape loud pounding thuds would be heard now if it were not for the cold vacuum of space. From a distance a blurry red figure can be seen from the viewing tower of Moonbase. Commander Crow watches this figure’s gravity defying trek across the moon, checking various instrument panels and computer screens while information is relayed to him by his command crew.“Commander Crow, they’ve reached the testing area.”“Good.” he said, pulling his headset mic closer to his mouth and speaking into it using a tone that contained equal amounts of authority and respect, “Captain, all systems are primed. Are you and your crew ready for the test?” An electronically disfigured response came through his headset responding in a positive. On receiving this news Crow gave the order to start the test.A dozen unmanned  EDF fighters were launched from a hanger within Moonbase. From the viewing tower, Crow watched them speed towards the red speck in the distance. In another second, lasers and swift explosions could be seen around the position of this unidentified figure. In a few more seconds all was still again with the small red figure remained resolutely stood in its position. The command crew gasped, even Crow was slightly in awe of the spectacle, exclaiming, “That machine is a Miracle”The Dai X stood in triumph, it’s gleaming new red paintwork barely scratched after it’s short stand off with the drone fighters. This was an all new Dai X, faster, stronger and more agile; equipped with all the weapons of the Mk.1 with a few new additions. Aesthetically though, it looked like the same Dai X of old - The dreadnought that took on an Imperial Battle Cruiser and won, ending Commander Makara’s reign of terror with one well aimed punch. In the cockpit of Braincom, Captain Shiro Hagen responded to Crow’s high praise. “My Father sure knows how to make them.” A voice came through the radio from the pilot housed in Dai X’s foot, “I like to think that we had something to do with the miracle making, Shiro”  pointed out space pilot: John Lee, pilot of Dai X‘s leg component: Legtrack. Another voice chipped in over the static, “Yeah Lee, Professor Hagen’s got the tools, but we’ve got the talent!” The cool tone of this voice came from Barry Hercules sat in the cockpit of Mainbody, which makes up the torso of the big red behemoth. Shiro broke up the good natured self appreciation, “Cut the chatter you two, Commander, we’re ready for wave two.”And so the next wave began their attack. It comprised of battle tanks and artillery weapons that sprouted out of the rocky surface from secret bunkers. The Mk.2 Dai X made short work of the battle tanks with its arm laser cannon. Rapid laser fire spat out as the agile Dai X defied the low gravity of the moon taking out its targets while dodging the majority of the tank’s energy shells. The Dai X was still taking hits though from the dozen or so artillery weapons scattered around it, despite its acrobatics.“Hercules” Shouted Shiro, “Its time to flex our muscles again!”“You betcha!” snarled Hercules while flipping a couple of switches in his cockpit. The Breast plates of the Dai X opened to reveal a multiple rocket launcher system in each chest unit. Hercules quickly targeted the offending weapons and launched a devastating salvo of missiles. The missiles spewed out of the chest launchers, streaking around the Dai X to find their targets. Soon the conflict was over, with the Dai X once more victorious against the drone legions. “This is too easy.” announced Hercules “We need a real challenge.”“Be careful what you wish for Hercules, L-L-Look over there” replied John Lee in a flustered tone directing Hercules attention to the 3 giant mechanoids stomping into view from the distance into their holding positions.“Looks like that’s wave 3” said Shiro “I think my Father has been busy again.”The EDF Lunar Assault Suit System was Professor Hagen’s most recent project. It had been designed around the time of the construction of the EDF: X Fighter, and like the newest addition to the Star Fleet, incorporated technological secrets deciphered from salvaged Imperial Alliance technology. Professor Hagen’s technological skills are a match for anyone or anything that the Imperial Alliance can muster, but there were certain benefits from using Alliance tech particularly in trying to mobilise a new and improved fleet cheaply, quickly and efficiently. It has to be pointed out that the new look internal workings of the Dai X are free of any Imperial Alliance tech and is simply a brilliant update of an already mysteriously complex design. The Dai X was certainly a one off as regards to 31st Century Technology.The 3 L.A.S.S. units were in a stationary position a short distance from the Dai X. These L.A.S.S. units were unmanned, but no less deadly with their enhanced computer assisted memory banks. The L.A.S.S. looked very similar in style to the Dai X, but was slightly smaller in scale, with the top of their head units measuring up to Mainbody’s cockpit on the Dai X. They didn’t have a head instead a tubular weapon system was fitted on top of their torso. The unit was battleship grey in colour but with a few familiar red and white stripes and arrows on it’s arms and legs to denote it’s allegiance.Commander Crow spoke to his crew then into his mic again and shortly after wave 3 was initiated. The 3 L.A.S.S. mechanoids literally flew at the Dai X, their boot thrusters enabling them to cross the distance between themselves and the Dai X and execute a series of kicks and blows that took the crew of the Dai X by surprise.“Focus, people!” Shouted Shiro, “Lee, Hercules, work together!” The crew of the Dai X did just that and an incredible fight ensued between the Dai X and it’s 3 attackers. The Dai X traded kicks and blows and managed to tear the arm off one of the 3 mechanoids. Hercules in an excited tone exclaimed “Now this is what I call a throw down!” John Lee after some physical dexterity with his controls managed to unleash a devastating kick by the Dai X which crushed the chest compartment of the 2nd mecha, destroying it‘s computer systems and causing it to fall to the ground in a crumpled heap. The mecha who had lost it’s arm then fired an energy beam from it’s head unit. The Dai X managed to sidestep the beam and with a quick turn of it’s head, courtesy of Shiro’s great piloting skills, let loose with X Tracers. The incredible strobe-like energy attack from the Dai X destroyed the already damaged L.A.S.S. in seconds. The Dai X took a blow to the back by the last remaining L.A.S.S. causing it to fall to it’s knees. Shiro quickly alerted his crew that it was time for the real test.“Hercules, Lee. It’s time to use the X-Sabre!”“Alright!” Hercules shouted excitedly, followed by a more concerned “OK” from John Lee.A compartment opened on the underside of Dai X’s right arm and passed a metallic cylinder into the grasp of it’s hand. “Ok.” said Shiro, “It’s time to cut to the chase.” The cylinder in Dai X’s hand ignited. Lasers shot out of it and sketched out the outline of a sword-like object which solidified into a tangible shiny metallic blade with the cross-guard of the sabre in the shape of an X. The Dai X got to it’s feet , twisted it’s torso and swung the great Sabre cutting the la
st standing mech in half. The Dai X stood victorious. The X-Sabre was a success!“Bring on the Alliance, or anyone else who’s looking  for a fight.” Said Hercules in his customary confrontational style. “Yeah, it works real good doesn’t it guys?” chipped in Lee, "Y’know, your father is a genius, Shiro. You must be proud?” “I am Lee.” said Shiro, proudly, but with a slight tinge of sadness, “I hope he’s happy working on the Z-Project at Star Fleet Command, I just wish I could see him more often. It’s just… I only just got to know him again and then he has to leave.” Hercules showing a caring side helped to put Shiro’s mind at ease, “Well, he’s not too far away, Shiro. It’s only a hop skip and jump to Earth from here.” Hercules then remembered something Shiro had said, “Say… what is this Z Project I keep hearing about anyway?” Commander Crow’s voice suddenly came through over the radio, “Its top secret space pilot: Hercules. We will know about it when we need too. As for the test - very well done gentleman. Come on in.” Shiro quietly explained to Hercules, as the Dai X stomped back to its hanger, that he was none the wiser as to what the rumoured Z-Project was as his father was quite secretive when it came to his inventions.Professor Hagen was indeed working on a new miracle back on Earth. A miracle that might well be needed very soon indeed.

Zordon

Post by Zordon »

good stuff i've updated the pages on sfp with thier own pages.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Star Fleet: The Revenge of MakaraChapter Three: Designers of War, Architects of PeaceEarth - home of EDF: Star Fleet Command, fully rebuilt after the war of a year ago. It is January 3031 and the air is cold.General Kyle, surveys the various computer screens around the war room. They show data pertaining to the rebuilding process around the globe and the Earth‘s military build-up. It was decided after the war that the city complexes of the world would be repaired or rebuilt over time, but that most of Earths resources would be used to rebuild EDF’s military might. This was deemed necessary as Earth, as well as it’s colonies were an easy target for attack by alien raiders in their current weakened state. This was why the X Fighter project was passed unanimously along with the building of a massive military complex on Mars for the construction of new space fighters and cruisers. The Dai X was refitted and a new Project by Professor Hagen was given full Backing.The Z Project would be a sister project to the famous X Project and help bolster EDF’s already growing armed forces. It was started on Mars with Professor Hagen overseeing before it was transported to the massive new underground hanger on Earth for its completion. The Z Project is to be based at Star Fleet Command when finished and just as the X Project is based on the Moon it is hoped that one day each of Earth’s colonies will have it’s own special Project concocted from the brilliant mind of Professor Hagen.Deep below Star Fleet Command in the giant underground hanger, various pieces of what looks to be a giant red machine are slowly being assembled into place. Scaffolding and cranes distort the appearance of this slowly forming craft, but familiar stripe and arrow markings adorn the sides of various parts.On a platform on the far side of the hanger Professor Hagen and his new protégé, Shin Darrow are staring at a large metallic head-like unit and instructing nearby technicians with laser welders who are adding extra parts to this metal jigsaw.“It’s nearly complete Professor, we’re almost there.” said Shin in an excited animated tone.“Yes. In much less time than the X Project took to complete, thanks to the new facilities on Mars.” replied Professor Hagen in a more sober fashion, “I only wish we were not in need of it. I would much rather use my abilities in less destructive ways.”“But your inventions have saved millions Professor. You should be proud.” responded Shin, “The galaxy might be all slaves of the Imperial alliance now if it weren’t for X Project.”“Yes, I know.” sighed the Professor, “Sometimes weapons of war are necessary if peace is to be allowed to bloom.”“I’m honoured to have worked with you on this Professor, I only hope you can forgive the mistake I made on Mars.”“Shin, you have done nothing wrong that needs forgiveness and the honour of working with you is mine.” said Professor Hagen. “Do you see now how much we have achieved without resorting to desperate measures.”Professor Hagen was referring to the outlawing of physical Thalian technology as used in the original fleet of X Fighters. In a short period of time the Thalian technology within the X Fighters would cause various problems on missions. From burning out existing circuitry to trying to take over various functions of the craft. On one occasion the Thalian technology caused wires and circuitry to be implanted onto an X Fighter pilot, though luckily no permanent damage was caused to the pilot in question.Professor Hagen lobbied EDF to ban the use of actual Thalian parts in Earth based machines. Only Professor Hagen would be allowed to study actual Thalian equipment and recreate the safe usable parts of it through Earth technology. The old X Fighters were destroyed and replaced with identical looking replacements built with improved Earth technology thanks to Professor Hagen’s study of Thalian secrets.The L.A.S.S suits at Moonbase and Dai X’s X Sabre all benefited from what Professor Hagen could salvage from the mysteries of the alien technology coupled with his own design genius. The Z Project was able to be completed in record time thanks to the new advances, but the only project that was incompatible with the new enhanced Earth technology was the Dai X. It’s Power core and internal systems are themselves mysteriously alien in design and were diametrically opposed to any kind of Thalian algorithms. During the Mars phase of the Z Project, while working on an Earth based variation of the dreaded Delta Laser weapon, Professor Hagen’s protégé made a terrible error. While the Professor was at a meeting on Earth, Shin, in a fit of desperation, incorporated parts of a salvaged ship-based Delta Laser from an imperial battle cruiser. On a testing range on Mars he sat in a cockpit chair with his newly designed thought based targeting system attached to his head and the enhanced Delta Laser connected to it nearby, he fired the weapon, completely atomising the target, but the beam would not dissipate and continued to grow in size and strength the beam pushed further across the Martian landscape, destroying an automated factory. Suddenly wires and circuitry attached themselves to Shin’s head and body. The beam was growing wider and cutting into the landscape like a knife through butter. Fortunately a technician was able to pull the plug on the Immense Delta Laser beam before it got completely out of control and punched a hole through the planet. Shin survived and Mars had a brand new gaping canyon thanks to the uncontrollable power of his Delta Laser.Shin’s implants were safely removed and he was taken to the medbay where he spent several weeks in a coma. Professor Hagen was angry, but relieved his protégé was safe. Shin explained that his family was killed in the F01 campaign and that he was desperate to build a weapon so powerful that no more human lives would be lost. Professor Hagen forgave Shin and assured him that to beat their enemy they must learn from them, not become them. Shin’s Powerful, but dangerous Delta Laser was removed and replaced with the original design. Now, on a January morning on Earth in 3031, they were staring at the housing of the Delta Laser, waiting for the deadly weapon to be inserted.“With the Z Project, we will ensure the safety of the Earth.” said Shin.“All I hope is that we seldom have the need to use it, or the Delta Laser. Even this less powerful version is more power than any one person should ever h….” before the Professor could finish his sentence he found himself transported to another realm. His astral form was floating in a sea of light and colour. He was both shocked by what was happening, but also felt a familiar sense of comfort. Suddenly a floating female figure in robes appeared before him. Professor Hagen was surprised and gladdened by the appearance of this ethereal figure as he uttered the word, “Lamia!”
Shane

Post by Shane »

Chapter Four: Messages Through EtherThe abstract realm Professor Hagen now found himself in, filled him with wonder. A constant barrage of spectacular light and colour now entered his mind. Was this a dream? Was he really here? Or was his one-time daughter and saviour of the galaxy - Lamia simply inside his mind? One’s perception of this domain is ultimately subjective. It exists everywhere and nowhere simultaneously. This awesome spectacle of light and colour is the only way a human mind can interpret the domain of the ethereal.Although slightly disorientated at his consciousness seemingly being plucked out of the physical plane so abruptly, he felt great happiness in seeing this young woman in front of him again. Who or what she was now wasn’t clear though. Was she a mere alien or a God! The final days of the F01 campaign saw great changes in Lamia. She had always been special, but she somehow managed to fit in, no matter what part of the solar system she was in. There was never anything to suggest that she wasn’t human, although maybe her unconditional love for all creatures gave her away as being somewhat more advanced, particularly as mankind had only recently finished battling itself in space for a 3rd time.By the time the Professor was reunited with her on Esper, he could see a change in her, not just in her maturity, but something else, something truly alien. The Professor’s time with Lamia was short, but during this period she continued to change and started to exhibit incredible powers. Powers that only the F01 could wield. The F01 or Force Zero One became her title for speakers of Solar basic. The Thalians had, had their own name for her when she was prophesied millions of years ago by the Thalian ancients. This knowledge became the Imperial Master’s when he took control of Gelmar and the other worlds of the Thalian Zone long ago.In the final battle she joined with Halley and became, for want of a better term, a god! She sent the Imperial Master’s spirit into another part of this dimension trapping him here. She too chose to stay in this domain, her power being too great for our universe to contain. On occasion she appeals to the Imperial Master to let go of hate and find release in goodness, but it always falls on death ears. Although stripped of power, his evil determination is as great as ever.Before Professor Hagen could utter another word, the ethereal being in front of him broke the silence, ‘I bring you greetings Profes… Father’ She smiled at her correction. There was certainly an element of Lamia in this new personality which came as a relief to both the professor and Lamia herself. She had spent so much time here in meditation she was unsure where she ended and her F01 persona began.‘It is good to see you again my child’ said the professor, his relief that Lamia’s personality was in someway still intact, was evident.‘I wish we were able to meet again under better circumstances, but I am afraid that I have grave news for you.’ said Lamia, who stopped for a second and then in a colder alien tone, more akin to her F01 counterpart, continued, ‘The universe is doomed unless you and the brave soldiers of earth act quickly!’Professor Hagen was shocked, whether it was by the sudden change in Lamia’s voice or the actual words she had just spoken he did not know, but before he could respond she continued, ‘I risk much by consulting with you. Any interaction with the physical plane on my part strengthens the weakened Imperial Master.’ Her tone changes once more, ‘I have much to tell you father.’ She raised her glowing hand to the Professor’s forehead and sent a jolt of energy through the Professor’s mind.Suddenly the Professor was back in the hanger with Shin. No time had passed at all, but the Professor was again, disorientated by what had just taken place. Lamia had just shared horrifying secrets with him. Even for a mind as great as Professor Subaro Hagen’s it was still a lot to take in.Are you alright Professor? Said Shin ‘You seem a little discombobulated all of a sudden.’‘Shin, my dear friend.’ Started the Professor ‘you don’t know the half of it!’‘I’m confused Professor.’‘No time Shin! I have to meet with General Kyle immediately.’‘But Professor, the Z Project!?’‘It’s in your more than capable hands now Shin. Its power may well be needed if we are to avert a catastrophe!’The Professor shook the confused protégé’s hand and swiftly walked down the corridor. Shin did not know what to make of all of this. This was very unlike the Professor, who was always so calm and collected.Shin gazed at the welding crew fitting various parts onto what was slowly forming into a robotic head. His eyes went blank for a split second and then a very grim expression formed. ‘The Professor lied to me!’ growled Shin. He shouted over to a nearby technician who was shocked by Shin’s uncharacteristically sharp tone. Pointing to the laser cannon that was attached inside the metal head-like structure he sternly ordered, ‘I want this inferior contraption replaced with the Thalian Delta Laser!’ ‘But sir…’ Started the bewildered technician, ‘…raw Thalian technology has been outlawed! Professor Hag…’ before the technician could finish, Shin responded with incredible Ferocity, ’Professor Hagen no longer runs this operation. I do! Have you got that? Or would you like to be transferred to another department?’ The technician relented, but was still surprised at the change in Shin’s personality. It reminded him of the stories he had heard about him when he was on Mars - pushing boundaries and breaking rules. A look on his computer screen had already showed the updated command personnel on Z Project, with Shin now the head of this military operation. He called the shots now so he would do what he was told. The question of legality concerned him though and he decided that he would definitely talk to someone about this later.As the crew prepared to take the Professor’s laser cannon out of it’s casing, Shin Looked on and said to himself in a harsh whisper, ‘If the darkness is coming, he will find me ready!’

Shane

Post by Shane »

Chapter 5: The Question of TruthCaptain Arkama’s Kathaar class battle cruiser slowly emerged from a thick bank of dark red cloud above the god forsaken world it now roamed in its search for untold power. The secrets of the ancients had been well hidden, that much was for sure. No one in their right mind or, in the case of Arkama and his symbiont, minds would have embarked on such a foolhardy and dangerous quest so deep inside the realm of evil known as the Thalian zone. It probably said a lot about the mental state of these two particular minds at the moment, that one would follow the whim of an ancient, or at least the splintered essence of one, even if at times it was under duress. The Thalian zone was a dark and treacherous place, even to those loyal to the imperial alliance. Few have entered its darkness and returned unchanged. The planet Gelmar was thought to be the only world that existed in this area of space and, according to what little could be found in alliance archives on the subject, the one and only resting place of the Thalian ancients, but no longer. The world dubbed, ‘the lost world of the ancients’ had been found thanks to the hazy re-awakened memories of Arkama’s symbiotic counterpart. Lightening flashed all around revealing scorched canyons of black rock below. It was a relatively small world, about the size of earth’s moon, with some kind of unnaturally generated atmosphere. The environment was inhospitable to all but the bravest or foolish of beings. If there was a physical representation of hell in this universe, this was probably it. ‘Where is it? Where is this great power you speak of ?’ snarled Arkama, ‘I see nothing here but a dead world.’‘Patience.’ whispered his symbiont, ‘My memories tell me that this was once my home. Deep inside this world is the chamber of the ancients. Its secrets will give us the power of gods.’‘That may be, but I only have your word that this is the…’ before he could finish his sentence, Arkama doubled up in pain as his symbiont served up another helping of cerebral discipline to his disbelieving host. ‘The word of the ancients is law!’ hissed the symbiont. ‘Have you learned nothing? If you continue your insolence I will lobotomise you!’ Arkama conceded although the pain continued for a little longer after his submission. His symbiont was as ruthless and cruel as the Imperial Master, he thought.Arkama was a warrior at heart and in his previous incarnation, before the Imperial Alliance had fractured his memories, performed bionic surgery and paired him with an ancient, he was indeed a great warrior who fought against the alliance in the battle of Obraxis 7. Obraxis 7 was home to an order of noble techno-knights who were given the honoured task of defending their people from outside threats. The techno-knights had fought bravely against the alliance, but were hoplessly outnumbered. Only a handful of knights remained for the final battle in the city of Tellex where Arkama, or as he was known then, Zir Kode fought like a man possessed and caught the eye of the Imperial commander in charge of the campaign. Zir Kode was captured and converted via the same process as the infamous Commander Makara and was thus joined with a more powerful ancient symbiont. He was given the name Arkama in a twisted play on words by the Imperial Master.The fact that Arkama now seemed to suddenly have access to these memories was alarming to him, but what was most worrying was the fact that if he had to choose one persona over the other, the choice would no longer be an easy one, such was the terrible nature of memory dissimilation. His main goal at the moment though was to try to save whatever memories he had in his possession as his symbiont now had the power to obliterate them should he feel inclined to do so.Arkama composed himself and decided that being a warrior also meant being a tactician, and he had been a master of that in the past. ‘Please forgive my impatience. I look forward to the day when the ancients rise again. I am truly honoured that I have been chosen to help you in your endeavour.’ The symbiote was satisfied with Arkama’s response, if a little cautious at Arkama’s sudden turnaround, maybe the discipline was working. The truth was that the symbiont had very little access to Arkama’s thoughts now, since the defeat of the Imperial Master. He however steadfastly believed that his own memories of the ancients and their lost world were solid, although there did feel like there was some kind of outside force clouding his thoughts and preventing a level of clarity that should have made finding this world and the chamber of the ancients far easier than it had been thus far. He would have to continue to meditate while the battle cruiser blindly scoured this dark rocky planet. 'It will come to me.' he thought 'Just as the location of this world did. I will be patient.' Meanwhile in another sector of the galaxy the patience of the ancient energy beings who have dwelled in this universe almost from its creation is about to be demonstrated. ---The Deltraz system. A small unassuming area of space, of no real tactical importance and rarely visited by any kind of life forms. A perfect resting place for a legend. A small glowing light suddenly appears out of nowhere and expands, causing a forty foot square area of space to bend and shimmer as it slowly reveals an outline of a vessel. A few seconds later space returns to normal save for the newly materialised craft. A sailing ship similar in style to that of the legendary Skull now floated in this desolate area of space. It had been resting here for an age, but has now reawakened along with its mysterious passenger. Inside the ship a casket-like chamber opened revealing an ancient human-like being dressed in the garbs of The Skull. His facial features were hidden by shadow, but a beard could be made out and he wore a horned helmet with what looked to be a crystal eye patch in the shape of a skull attached to his left eye. The eyes of this patch started to glow red and slowly, but surly the mouth of the skull eye patch opened uttering in a whisper, ‘By the will of the ancients the Great Skull rises again!’