Remember the Commodore 64?

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

Hi all, just thought I would start a new thread regarding an 80's icon the C64.My fave games were (in no order)1. Ghostbusters2. Bruce Lee3. International Karate+4. The way of the exploding fist5. Zoids6. Elite7. Enigma ForceI remember the old 6581 SID chip being able to produce some wicked sounds back in those days. Composed by such artists as Rob Hubbard and Martin Galway (son of James Galway actually)Found a great site with over 2gb of tunes link as below, how many do you remember.http://remix.kwed.org/If you fancy playing some of the old games on your PC there are plenty of emulators out there and games siteshttp://www.lemon64.com/
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

There have actually been some CDs released recently of C64 game tunes (one's called Interface 64 or something like that...can't be bothered searching to find out...!)And as for the SID chip...there are some guys who've build a synth around one (SIDstation, I think it's called)...I seem to recall that they had to sacrifice a C64 for each one they made, since you can't get SID chips off the shelf any more...![Happosai]
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

An excellent choice of game, I agree that ghostbusters, bruce Lee, Elite, IK+, and the likes where excellent. I suggest some new ones to you. the trainthe detective game (amazing game play for C64) Defender of the CrownExploding fist (great music)Spy V Spy 1 + 2 + 3
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Never had a C64. I had a ZX Spectrum +2. That had some class game. Like Dizzy and Aliens, Ik+, Bionic Comando. It was top.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I didn't have a Commodore or Spectrum from that era - I had the BBC B, then a 128k Master, and then finally an Amiga. So I was into the likes of Elite and Exile, Stryker's Run, Repton etc...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Post by Shane »

Poor old Shaney had an Atari 800 XL. I remember being quite riddiculed from my friends who had Amstrads, Comadores and Spectrums. There were a few great games for it though, I remember one where you were one on one with another wizard in a big garden where you had to collect different herbs to create magical powers. If you wern't quick enough the computer adversary would give you a sound drubbing. You just don't get that sort of gameplay with the new generation of games machines out there.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
NC

Post by NC »

That was FEUD, or at least thats what it was called on the Amiga Nigel