Computer Games

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Rachel

Computer Games

Post by Rachel »

I have fond memories of some games that I played a lot from when I was about 8 until I was 12. One was Killer Gorilla, a version of Donkey Kong. Another was Snapper, like Pacman but without such vivid graphics. And Chukie Egg, where you had to collect eggs from various places, and avoid being killed by evil birds in the meantime. There was another one where you were a hedgehog trying to cross the road safely. If you failed, the car killed you with a splat!Oh, and there was a game (can't remember what it was called) where you were a sweet little squirrel having to get nuts from awkward places. That had such a great tune playing in the background.I don't think I will revive that former interest of mine, just yet, though. I have to use a computer all day, Mon-Fri, and I'm rather addicted to the Internet in my spare time. So I don't really want to spend many more hours in front of a computer screen, it would probably hurt my eyes!
AndyThomas

Computer Games

Post by AndyThomas »

Sounds like you were a BBC B owner to me! Not sure about the squirrel game, but Snapper and Killer Gorilla I definitely played. Snapper has the curious honour of being about the only game my father's ever played!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
GenoGear

Computer Games

Post by GenoGear »

I find that alot of the older games are harder to beat than all the new games out today. Dig Dug, Pacman Aliens, Gryzor and Bionic Commando. Thing that gets me is sometimes my dad beats a game before me.
Rachel

Computer Games

Post by Rachel »

Correct Andy, our very first computer was a BBC. Don't you think Killer Gorilla is a much better name than Donkey Kong?
albedo039

Computer Games

Post by albedo039 »

boo!Daley Thompsons Decathlon!  That game wrecked joysticks.  When finished with them it wrecked the Q A O P <space bar> keys.  But what a great game!  Other stuff I liked was Jetpack, Galaxians, and Hungry Horace.At some time I had a Spectrum but was always dying to go round me mates house to play on his C64, which had magical sound.  He had to put a fan on the power supply.  If he forgot it would crash and would be unusable for another 30 mins, until it was cool.And before all that lot my old man brought back a ZX81 with 8K RAM, which we extended to 16K and I think there was a famous game called Mazogs, perhaps by DKTronics.  Anyone remember that one?  
GenoGear

Computer Games

Post by GenoGear »

Daley Thompsons Decathlon. That game was evil. The joystick killer.
Happosai

Computer Games

Post by Happosai »

Ahhh...Mazogs...a fantastic game! One worth downloading an emulator for! ^_^ I could wax nostalgic about the old '81 for hours (but I won't...;)...it's what I cut my computer teeth on![Happosai]
Jim Box

Computer Games

Post by Jim Box »

Hi albedo, yep the C64 sure had great sound from that old SID chip. There is a really cool site that hosts over 2gb of remixed C64 tunes. Heres the link http://remix.kwed.org/Have funJim
Chris Snape

Computer Games

Post by Chris Snape »

The C64 rocked! Does anyone remember the Last Ninja series? How good were they! Although nothing to this day compares with IK+ for the Amiga... Three blokes kicking the crap out of each other without thier pants falling down Very cool
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Matt Darcy

Computer Games

Post by Matt Darcy »

Last ninja was ACE I completed all 3. Last ninja 4 is moments away from release on the Game Cube.IK+ was Great, the famous diagonal down and away move where you would smah you you oppentents bolloxs. Pressing t used to make the pants fall down. I also had it o the Amiga. GREAT game. similar to way of the exploding fist. I used to love defender of the crown, "The Train" and driller.