Anyone remember Starstormers?

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Or indeed anything else written by Nicholas Fisk:http://www.sfsite.com/isfdb-bin/exact_a ... _FiskThere was a TV series, I'm sure there was, but I can't seem to find any mention of it. Anywhere. At all...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Post by Shane »

I vaguely remember Starstormers. It's about some kids who build a spaceship or something like that isn't it? Thats a real blast from the past I'll have to check your link.Shane.(Edited by Shane at 11:22 pm on Aug. 6, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yup, s'right, out of a metorite. Very haphazard, but very neat! And then they get their cat to do their space combat for them. Bizarre! Almost tempted to re-read them, but they're so old... You know, I'm actually wondering if I only think there was a series because of the front covers being actual photos - this may be the only image of the covers on the whole Net right now:Mmm. I reckon I just used my imagination to picture it very vividly, so I've fooled myself into thinking it was actually made into a series... Unless it was read out on Jackanory or something - any idea Shane?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
felice

Post by felice »

I remember wondering if there was a tv series because of the photo covers, but I've never heard of one. I really liked the first three books when I was a kid, but I didn't think the last two were up to standard - perhaps just because I was significantly older when I got hold of them.