Back to the Future

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Bradster

Back to the Future

Post by Bradster »

I know it's not at all Star Fleet or Terrahawks related, but it was in the 80's...And I loved it. :biggrin: All three movies play here with near-predictable regularity on USA (what an original name for a cable network...) and TNT. I am still determined to own a DeLorean one day!! I already own part of one: the famous DMC logo off the front grille. You can see it sitting atop my monitor in all its glory here:What about you Brits? Was Marty McFly a smash success in the UK too?Cheers!
AndyThomas

Back to the Future

Post by AndyThomas »

Oh yes, Back to the Future still gets aired over here too - fairly regularly, particularly at holiday times. I too have often lusted after a DeLorean, particularly one with hover conversion! It's a nice, entertaining trilogy and they keep the time stuff pretty consistent too. I also have fond memories of the Back to the Future II game on my Amiga, I think it came with the pack...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Back to the Future

Post by Bradster »

Ah yes! The cartoon! I'd nearly forgotten about that. I tried to catch it whenever I could, but I think it only came on at some god-awful hour like 7:30 in the morning on Saturdays. It's no surprise it didn't last long in that time slot. Ooohh... I didn't know about the DVD set. I'd better set aside some money now because, like all boxed DVD sets, I'm sure it'll be expensive. Here's hoping for lots of behind-the-scenes footage, extra scenes that were cut, and maybe a "continuity" commentary to point out things like the Twin Pines mall becoming Lone Pine! :biggrin:
Matt Darcy

Back to the Future

Post by Matt Darcy »

why did the mall get its name changed, I thought the point of it all was that Marty didn't change the past/future.
Bradster

Back to the Future

Post by Bradster »

At the beginning, it was the Twin Pines mall. As Doc Brown points out, all that land used to be owned by some crazy farmer who had a dream of raising pine trees. When Marty accidentally travels back to 1955 and drives out of the barn, he knocks down one of two pine trees that are standing side-by-side (twins). When he returns to 1985, the mall is Lone Pine.I was a hard-core BTTF fan as a kid. :biggrin:(Edited by Bradster at 11:35 pm on Mar. 21, 2002)
Shane

Back to the Future

Post by Shane »

I really loved those films, I can't wait for the DVD.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Matt Darcy

Back to the Future

Post by Matt Darcy »

for the bradster, a guy in work owns a delorian and brought it in to work the other day.It is a pile of rubbish yet strangly desirable.I checked through the car to make sure there was not flux capasator, it must be an optional extra.
Crash

Back to the Future

Post by Crash »

Ah, but a pile of rubbish with a 2.8 litre engine.
Dream big and bold and daring.