Optimus

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
AndyThomas

Optimus

Post by AndyThomas »

Is this the "My name's Optimus Prime, and this generation I will mainly be a fire truck" type toy? Are toys based on Armada coming out over here yet, don't they have more of a combining element? It does seem like the rebirth is proceeding rapidly. The new Dreamwave comics are superbly illustrated, if you can get hold of them - there's a collected version of the Generation 1 comics coming out in November in the States. Well worth having a look at their site:http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!thesite/ma ... home.shtml
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Optimus

Post by Shane »

I bought the Japanese version of this toy a few years back when it was part of the Transformers 2000 car robots range and known as Super Fire Convoy. It's actually one of the better new transformers as it looks great in all 3 modes. The Robots In Disguise range is a real return to form but beware it goes down hill again with the Armarda range. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Optimus

Post by Crash »

Optimus Prime? wasn't he the ape character in that "CGI robots that turn into animals" show about 4/5 years ago?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

Optimus

Post by Bradster »

Quote Quote: from Crash Override on 10:00 pm on Oct. 28, 2002Optimus Prime? wasn't he the ape character in that "CGI robots that turn into animals" show about 4/5 years ago?Har! That show was some dozen versions later after the first Transformers show. In the original show, long before computer animation, Optimus was an 18-wheeler "big rig" truck.
AndyThomas

Optimus

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh. Close. That was "Optimus Primal" or "Optimal Optimus" and probably a few others just for good measure! The show was Beast Wars, and did actually feature the original G1 incarnation of Optimus Prime at one point. I don't know, the youth of today, not knowing who Optimus Prime is!
Matt Darcy

Optimus

Post by Matt Darcy »

your all trators !!! all of you.Optimus prime was the red truck that fought with megatron, anything else is on the side of offensive !Do not fund the transformer facers by buying the firetruck version.
Shane

Optimus

Post by Shane »

Heh, but he can put out fires and everything. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Optimus

Post by AndyThomas »

Yeah, but what's he going to do, rust Megatron to death?! ;)