Interster - the South African Star Fleet?

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ1UEhpT ... e=relatedI was recently tipped off about this late 70s South African science-fiction series, which uses a few creative techniques that might be a bit familiar...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

This show is actually from the early 80's - the Wikipedia page of this show is a prime example of nonsense.I'm the one who uploaded all available episodes on that channel.I'm trying to do a fandub of the series - but I've a lot of trouble finding voice actors. I've done sound effect tracks for the first 9 episodes.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I read this and knew it wouldn't come as news to at least one of our members Bladez,I don't know if this fits anywhere for your dubbed version, but I think you should squeeze this in if you can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oztK6_N_ ... re=related
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Jan. 15 2012,22:22)QUOTEI read this and knew it wouldn't come as news to at least one of our members Bladez,I don't know if this fits anywhere for your dubbed version, but I think you should squeeze this in if you can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oztK6_N_ ... tedPerhaps.... I've been finding it difficult to find fitting music for scenes from Toshihiko Sahashi for "Interster" - I like his music but it's rather too powerful for "Interster". I might use some it mixed with some other music...
Crash

Post by Crash »

It is. I saw a fair bit of interster and it was quite understated.It was played pretty flat, like Terrahawks. Infact, they looked almost identical to me.
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Apologies for my inaccuracies, I was going by what I was originally told about the series. Its interesting how they managed to vary some of the puppet heads a bit, though the model works seems to be a bit less polished than some of the Anderson series.
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Apologies for what? Relax.I like the style of some of the puppets. The sets and effects are good too.I'm having a look now.Infact, the main guy looks a lot like that cretin Ninestein.Ninestein and Captain Archer from Enterprise are the same character; the worst boss imaginable.
felice

Post by felice »

There are worse possibilities; Gordon Brittas springs to mind 8)
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Crap....The account which I uploaded the Interster episodes was suspended on unrelated charges. I've no other account that can upload over 15 minutes now - which is extremely irritant - I don't want to split them in two different parts....I'll be re-ripping the episodes at some point and put them up for download somewhere

Crash

Post by Crash »

Youtube has become terrible, ever since Google got their hands on it.I suggest making a torrent of the files that people can watch in one go and store themselves.You can set the format yourself that way. It won't have any conversion by Youtube, which only degrades the quality.Those FLV files on YouTube only normally have mono sound anyway, such is my understanding.Frak YouTube - I had to close my account 'voluntarily' yesterday because it just completely stopped working because the linking between it and my Google account just broke.You could log in but you couldn't see anyone's vids once you had.You'll not find any of my vids on YouTube anymore.