Power Rangers Marathon

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Power Rangers Marathon

Post by Crash »

I decided to reinvestigate my childhood memories and watch Power Rangers seeing as some members of this forum have a considerable fascination with it still.I'm actually enjoying it *far* more than I thought I would.- I recently passed that episode where the White TigerZord and Thunder MegaZord were destroyed.That was actually quite emotional.I was thinking what a great Boss Zordon was.You got company Zord, free work uniform, presumably hazard pay, a very good health plan (it seemed to me) and a supportive manager.I wondered whether our Zordon still kept track of the forum or if we had any other PR fans.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Power Rangers Marathon

Post by Zordon »

I tend to watch the souce material. PR has since gone crap since Saban bought back the franchise. Samurai and Super Samurai (urgh what terible names) just feel like an aweful cut and paste with no real effort put into the writting.If you can find it look for Akibaranger on Dailymotions.com a right laugh
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Power Rangers Marathon

Post by Crash »

I'm definitely not up to there yet.I read about Zyuranger and its successors and it didn't seem to be as accessible to a western audience.I didn't understand how the Thunderzords and Ninjazords are supposed to be creatures in the original when they're clearly machines with guns and engines, as described in Power Rangers.Wouldn't mind watching an episode or two to get an impression of the original.
Zordon

Power Rangers Marathon

Post by Zordon »

Akibaranger is a parody made by Toei that makes fun of thier own franchise
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Power Rangers Marathon

Post by Crash »

I'll look for that when I get 5mins at home.Why is it though that the Zords become less-and-less ... clean and interesting?The DinoZords were well-designed. The ThunderZords were pretty awesome in a different way.You started to scratch your head when the NinjaZords arrived with the frog etc. but it was OK.Now, we have the ShogunZords, which are so blocky and looking at some of the ones subsequent to these, there are some really stupid-looking ones.
Zordon

Power Rangers Marathon

Post by Zordon »

If you think thats bad wait till ZeoThe pink and Yellow rangers get non moving totum poles for zords that have to be dragged about buy a bull and sphinx zord set.I think once you get past Turbo and Space the only good series with animal zords was Wild Force. Lost Galaxy had Animal/beast zords which kind of looked ok. I personally like Dinosaurs so MMPR season 1, Time force, DinoThunder, Gokaiger (now Super Megaforce) and Kouryugerall have some Dino mecha in them and more than not they look awesome.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Power Rangers Marathon

Post by Crash »

I'm not fixed on them being animal-like. Although, the DragonZord and T-Rex were loveable because they seemed animal-like.I just like a nice balance of coolness.With the original MegaZord, the original Zords were fantastic and so were the combined versions.Yet, with the Thunderzords, many of those were pretty basic individually, like the Unicorn and Griffin but the MegaZord looked fantastic.
Crash

Power Rangers Marathon

Post by Crash »

Well, we're onto Zeo now. What a fantastic theme tune - I love how they mix the original theme into the new one.The Zords in this look pretty decent - maybe not quite on a par with the Ninja and ThunderZords.I wonder why it is that you see so much more of these Zords; their hangars (with Thunderbirds-style entry chutes), cockpits and the transfer of the pilots' chairs inside the MegaZord.It's great to see that kind of detail but it seems incongruous when you saw so little about how the previous Zords actually worked.