A touch of reality

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

A touch of reality

Post by AndyThomas »

For most of you I am probably a voice in your head. Which whilst worrying (!) is understandable. If you would like to match my actual voice with your imagined voice, then here is the opportunity.As you may well recall, I had a period of fairly dramatically ill health back in 2010. Plans are afoot to shut down my local A&E, and perhaps some of the hospital's departments, which were critical in keeping me on the same planet as you.So my wife ended up being interviewed on BBC Radio Leeds with a view to a show that was going to be focusing on this possible closure threat. She was asked if I would like to contribute, and a little hesitantly, I agreed. My first interview was live on the radio, the second went unaired due to other stories bumping it out of the schedule.However, I now have both recordings and have converted them to sound files which I hope should now be in an easily listened to format. Really odd hearing my own voice recorded. I apologise for not giving Star Fleet a shout out, it just wasn't the time or the place (!)First interview Second interviewI would be interested in hearing of any similar experiences or any local closures of A&Es anyone has heard of close to them...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Vanessa

A touch of reality

Post by Vanessa »

Way to go Andy!I agree with your point you are making. Where I used to live, the local hospital where I was born, was closed, bulldozed, and now folks have to travel further to an "infamous" hospital which is a really bad thing.I hope your campaign succeeds.It was interesting to hear your voice. I guess from ending up subconsciously associating you to Dr. Benn, thanks to your forum avatar, I was half expecting to hear Dr. Benn's voice!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
felice

A touch of reality

Post by felice »

Ditto to everything Vanessa said 8)(aside from the bit about her local hospital being bulldozed - I never lived there)
Crash

A touch of reality

Post by Crash »

I heard the interview on Facebook a while ago and you came across very well.I don't think it would have been the right venue for plugging the website either.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

A touch of reality

Post by Bladez636 »

I like your voice Andy, somehow it matches up with how I imagined it (actually I haven't thought about it that much...)Basically Vanessa said everything I have to. I hope your campaign succeeds as well. I didn't really expect to hear anything on "Star Fleet" when listening, really wouldn't be appropriate to mention it in that way.