New member here! :)

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

Hello!  I've been looking for a short while now for any kind of Terrahawks fan community (I'm not enough of a fan of the rest of Gerry Anderson's work to join the Fanderson community) so I'm really relieved to have found this place at last!  Anyway, I'm Rani, I'm 27, and I rediscovered Terrahawks and Star Fleet just a few weeks ago after my dad and I had a "kids'-TV-show-off" over which generation had the better shows.  He showed me these two series that I'd apparently watched as a baby, and while I was too young at the time to remember either of them, I was intrigued.  I'm now about 12 episodes into Terrahawks and can safely say that I love it, and I've been gradually working my way through every Star Fleet video that DailyMotion has to offer (I've decided that if Barry Hercules wasn't my favourite character as a baby, then my kid-self obviously had horrible taste).Aside from being a Terrahawks fan, I'm also a freelance artist hoping to one day become a comic book inker.  I collect records and overpriced art supplies in my spare time along with being an avid gamer, and I live with my 17-year-old geriatric dog and an unearthly force of mischief and mayhem in the form of a cat named Munch.  So hi, and I can't wait to start chatting with fellow fans (especially those of you into Terrahawks ;) )!

"The rules are simple: take your work, but never yourself, seriously. ÂPour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out." - Chuck Jones
felice

Post by felice »

Welcome to the forum! I'm afraid it does tend to be pretty quiet here...Is any of your art viewable online?
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Welcome to this quiet little interweb backwater!You must be quite determined as its not that easy to join!While most of us are mainly Star Fleet/X-bomber fans, there are a number who love Terrahawks too. I wasn't a fan as a kid, but re-discovered it as an adult and loved it.If you've read many of the Terrahawks threads, you'll see that Rachel is the most obsessed with the show
Evasive Manoeuvres!
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

Thank you for the kind welcomes! I was rather determined to find at least some other fans out there, so I wasn't afraid of doing a little digging to see how to join this forum. :P I think I must be nearly halfway through Terrahawks now (I may have treated myself to a DVD boxset...) and I've been steadily working on its TV Tropes page. Once I've finished watching this series, I think I'll have to indulge in some Star Fleet DVDs too!As for my art, I have an online gallery at cyborgrani.tumblr.com. Feel free to check out my stuff there if you like!
"The rules are simple: take your work, but never yourself, seriously. ÂPour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out." - Chuck Jones
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Hello, welcome to the forums. It's always nice to see more fans on here. As has been said, it's quite often quiet here.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

The board is also proving a touch unstable at the moment. However, someone had got in touch who may be able to assist. Stay tuned to this frequency.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

Yep, I noticed it had gone down earlier today. Good to see that it's back up for now, though, and if this person can help then that'd be amazing!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Hi, welcome to the forum! I couldn't help but notice your avatar image, I only caught part of it on T.V. once but thats a very strange film...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I had a look at your tumblr - I really like your style.- Makes me wish I knew a lot more about photoshopThose paintings are fantastic.What movie is that avatar from?

Dream big and bold and daring.
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

It's from Fantastic Planet. It's one of the weirdest films you'll ever see, but it's amazing!