New member here! :)

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Post by Crash »

I'll give that a spin. Your artwork really is excellent though. I wish you every success with it, in case it hasn't arrived already.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

If you like FP, check out Rene Laloux's other feature-length animations, Time Masters (my favourite of his) and Gandahar.Although, as someone who enjoys watching surreal and experimental animation, I wouldn't say those films are all that weird...[Happosai]
Crash

Post by Crash »

Have you seen the 3rd Evangelion Rebuild movie?If you have, could you make sense of anything that happened after the first 30mins?The main problem with it was that there were no bad guys to fight. You had all this dramatic tension and no bad guys to take it out on.Evangelion is one of those series that seems like a brilliant idea at the start then, about half-way through, starts to diverge into meaninglessness.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I see they're doing an Evangelion cross over with Transformers, specifically Optimus Prime, in EVA colours.It doesn't float my boat.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Um, no, that doesnt' even sound like a good idea, does it?
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

I still need to watch the EVA movies. I watched the first few episodes of the original series as a kid, but nothing since. I remember it being good, though! And Happosai, I love Gandahar! I still need to see Time Masters, but I'm thinking of ordering the DVD soon. (Just as soon as I've seen Dawn of the Planet of the Apes at the cinema...)And Crash Override, thank you! I'm nowhere near any kind of art success just yet, but hopefully one day I'll get there! My dream is to become either a comic book inker or a storyboard artist, so now I just need to improve until I stand a chance at getting either of those jobs.
"The rules are simple: take your work, but never yourself, seriously. ÂPour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out." - Chuck Jones
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

This place never fails to make me smile. I have very clear memories of Time Masters; I seem to remember it being on around a Christmas and oddly enough I associate it with Terrahawks toys around the same time? Took me ages to find the name of Time Masters, but come the Google age I had enough snippets of memory to track it down. Anyone remember Space Firebird? I think my local video store carried a lot of random dubs...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

I don't think I ever saw Space Firebird, sadly. I'll have to look it up!
"The rules are simple: take your work, but never yourself, seriously. ÂPour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out." - Chuck Jones
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

If we're talking about the same "Space Firebird", its a work by the "God of Manga" Osamu Tezuka, an animated part of his "Phoenix" saga, so information on it should be fairly available. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_2772I also saw "Time Masters" at an early age (Andy, you may well be right about the timing, and Christmas and bank holidays were always a good time to show interesting animations in the days before satellite T.V.; I saw Hayao Miyazakis "Laputa" for the first time just after one Christmas many aeons ago...! ), and laboured for a long time under the impression that it was an anime originating from Japan (as, apparently, a lot of people do!). As it happens, I had the same thing but in reverse for "Star Fleet", which I thought was a Gerry Anderson series (because, after all, how many other puppet-based sci-fi shows were there?). It was literally years before I found out the truth!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.