GOTG

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Vanessa

GOTG

Post by Vanessa »

I guess my old age plus love of the original G1 Transformers means I'd quite like a 'high art' Transformers movie that took the characters I like more seriously. But then again, for the mass populace it probably wouldn't have been so successful. Who knows. ?...I did see The Edge of Tomorrow on the big screen. It was very good, right up until a certain point, from then on it became the usual cinematic action fare.I don't want to spoil it for you, but Groundhog Day is one of my all-time favourite films, and I really enjoyed the similarities between the two films. When that part of the film ended, it ceased to be as entertaining for me.I found it a totally different experience to Oblivion, despite the Sci-fi & Tom Cruise similarities.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
felice

GOTG

Post by felice »

Transformers-wise, what I'd most like to see is a movie followup to the Transformers Animated series, though the chances of that ever happening are effectively zero. I can't stand the Michael Bay films, and I'm not convinced live action is the right format for Transformers anyway. Guardians of the Galaxy was a lot of fun.
Vanessa

GOTG

Post by Vanessa »

I've not seen Transformers Animated so I can't comment, but I'm not a Bay fan that's for sure.I was expecting so much more from a live action Transformers movie, and Bay failed to deliver for me. That's not to say that another director couldn't make it work. Although, the original animated "Transformers The Movie" from '86 worked so well, that I can well understand your point that another animated Transformers movie could work well again, and be a welcome departure from all the "Bay'splosions".
Evasive Manoeuvres!