GOTG

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Vanessa

GOTG

Post by Vanessa »

Just been to see Guardians of the Galaxy with my other half, we both enjoyed it immensely and I would heartily recommend it to others. I won't post any spoilers, but what a terrific soundtrack!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
CyborgRani

GOTG

Post by CyborgRani »

I saw it on Friday night, and it was excellent! I'm hoping to take my dad to see it at the local IMAX cinema next week. Did you stay for the after-credits scene?
"The rules are simple: take your work, but never yourself, seriously. ÂPour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out." - Chuck Jones
Crash

GOTG

Post by Crash »

Oh really? This is promising to hear.I was planning on giving it a skip but what I did like about the idea was that it was lighter-hearted than the X-Men movies et al., which take themselves too seriously.I'm going to see this now.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

GOTG

Post by Vanessa »

Hey Crash, I'd definitely recommend checking it out, it's one of the best movies I've seen at the cinema this year. Unlike Age of Extinction, and that Planet of the Apes 2, which we (Machina and I) both thought were rubbish.I already knew about the after credits scene, I won't spoil it for Crash, but I didn't think it was worth the wait. Hope they're not rebooting that trash next.The new TMNT trailer showed me that Bay has worked his 'magic' on that franchise as well; bimbos backsides, stupid amounts of explosions and a daft robot villain with recycled TF sound fx. Won't be wasting my money watching him ruin another part of my childhood.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
FZeroOne

GOTG

Post by FZeroOne »

Recommended, definitely!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

GOTG

Post by Crash »

Well, we were very grateful for the recommendation on Guardians of the Galaxy, Vanessa.It was the best Marvel film I've seen since the first Iron Man.I was a little disappointed with Transformers Age of Extinction. It didn't seem to know where it was going or what it was doing. The pace was all disjointed and it seemed messy.The turtles on the other hand, that description above makes me want to see it even more.
Vanessa

GOTG

Post by Vanessa »

Glad you liked it, with such a great soundtrack and humour, it's a real feelgood movie. One of the best this year for me.I agree with you about AOE, apparently it's setting up another 2 movies!<sigh>I'll leave the Turtles to you then. Be sure to post your views on here when you've seen it.By the way, your Avatar and Sig have vanished.

Evasive Manoeuvres!
CyborgRani

GOTG

Post by CyborgRani »

Age of Extinction just makes me wish more than ever that Michael Bay would release his death grip on the Transformers franchise already. Surely there must be someone out there better suited for Transformers than him! (Joss Whedon or Zack Snyder, maybe?)
"The rules are simple: take your work, but never yourself, seriously. ÂPour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out." - Chuck Jones
Vanessa

GOTG

Post by Vanessa »

Yes, exactly. The problem is that his films, no matter how loathsome, make a LOT of money.Personally I'd like to see James Cameron have a crack at Transformers.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

GOTG

Post by Crash »

I know - it's because I changed the file structure on my site but I've been too lazy to fix it, lol.I personally thought that Transformers 1 and 3 were great. They are two of my favourite films.The second one wasn't bad news either - it dragged a bit in places but there was a lot about it that was good.I'm thinking of the Jetfire sequence, the battle with the combining deception in the quarry etc.I'm hopeful that we might get back towards that level with the next two.James Cameron is bit too 'high-art'. Avatar is awesome but it's serious.I think we can look forward to a whole load more of it though.One film I was sorry to have missed at the cinema was edge of tomorrow.I have no great love for Tom Cruise but I do think he makes a good movie and that one look interesting.