Videography and music

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE

Videography and music

Post by GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE »

I'm currently working on an animation based on '80s computers and simulating Sinclair/BBC style graphics and including music. I know ther're a few other people on here that have posted on Youtube but when using music, do you find it better to create your own or rip music from CDs?

persoannlu I prefer to make my own music.
Crash

Re: Videography and music

Post by Crash »

I wouldn't know where to start creating my own music.
Sometimes it's better not to re-invent the wheel. If suitable music already exists and creating your own isn't going to add more to the project, or if like me, you can't create it, I would just borrow it.

Use something awesome that people aren't likely to be familiar with.
Dream big and bold and daring.
GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE

Re: Videography and music

Post by GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE »

Believeme. Anybody telling you that you need an Apple Mac, with expenisive equipment and software are blagging your head. M-audio do a decent USB keyboard for less than forty five quid (the software has to be downloaded) and a German software Publisher do some music making software called Magix Music Maker which can also be downloaded from their website but if you have a windows 8 computer, I suggest that you give Magix Music Maker Jam a shot.
Its free but you only get a small choice of free music styles.

If the German band Trio can have a smash hit using a Casio VHL-1 keyboard (I'm showing my age here) imagine what could be achieved with an M-audio KEYSTATION Mini 32 USB keyboard combined Magix (a German software publisher) Music Maker (a more detailed verion of Magix Music Maker Jam) 2014.
Believe me I've tried the combo but you try operating the said keyboard and mouse with just two hands.
I'm not talking CASIO VHL-1 keyboards here..