Thunderbirds Are Go - Season 2 Trailer

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Thunderbirds Are Go - Season 2 Trailer

Post by Crash »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_59itAEXo9s

... 'cos if you're gonna mount a rescue, it might as well be an ... INTERNATIONAL RESCUE.

Edit: I didn't realise that the second series had already started, I guess around September.
I'm downloading the 12 episodes that are available now...
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Re: Thunderbirds Are Go - Season 2 Trailer

Post by AndyThomas »

The small one is a big fan, I'm a little behind. He got a big Thunderbird 3 for Christmas that actually produces smoke. Brilliant. Doesn't seem to have sold well though, heavily discounted. It's great though, it's a kids series that doesn't feel like a kids series. Which is great for the more intelligent kids / adults watching it as it works on several levels for them. There are some very good kids shows out there - have a look at The Deep, it reminds me of Seaquest DSV a bit!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

You seem to be able to get the 2nd series of Thunderbirds in 1080p right off of ITV's own web service.
I'm downloading what's available of season 2 over utorrent.

I've seen the first 4 episodes from season 2. They were all good. The 4th one where they transported TB4 to Europa inside TB3 was a good one.

It seems obvious from that episode and the third one that TB4 must have no torpedoes, unlike the one from the original show.

I quietly wish that they would do a few less toy-like models for people like us.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, the toys are actually pretty decent. The supersize Thunderbird 3 is huge! You can get little tiny diecast toys on stands from places like The Entertainer, they're only a few pounds. I even got a TB 4 from Japan, bizarrely, as I couldn't find one in the local store. Came in a little cardboard box, almost like a Matchbox toy. Wasn't terribly expensive, happily. I believe there are more expensive but more detailed original series models available from Japanese companies if you have a hunt around.

Oh, and yes, I saw a bit of that Europa mission. Absolutely brilliant that, what better way to teach kids about the solar system than to have Thunderbird 4 deployed to an ocean that's not on Earth! Really clever writing. Didn't know why Europa was involved in the first place though?! I hope they get another season, there's clearly a lot of Anderson fans helping with the series and it's right up there in terms of quality kids shows. All good stuff.

Oh, and also, it's just occurred to me that I think Thunderbird 4 does have torpedoes in the modern version - I seem to remember a rogue gravitational wave generator which, bizarrely, Thunderbird 4 took out while dangling from a rope from Thunderbird 2 due to the pressures involved! it involved Brains having a love interest too!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator