Flash Gordon - anyone remember

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

Not posted anything for a while so when this question stumped me this seemed the best place to go.MANY ! years ago, I was watching Flash Gordon, not the film, now because this was so long ago I cannot remember if it was real life, or cartoon, I am %75 certain it was a film. The bit I can remember is Flash sword fighting with ming on top of a roof that looked like St Pauls roof in London (as in the dome style) I am %80 certain that ming was fighting with a laser/fire sword and flash had his crappy metal sword cut in two.Does anyone else remember this Flash tale if so can they provide more details.Matt.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Hmm. Well, they used to repeat the old Flash Gordon serials in black and white up until 10 years or so back and they might have used swords. Also, Flash Gordon and Ming were in the Defenders of the Earth cartoon. I certainly can't remember a bit in the movie where Ming goes one-on-one with Flash in the way you describe, although Flash did have a sword at the end of the film when Ming was skewered...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

Close Andy,I remember it being a feature legnth film (although not the one everyone remembers with Queen Music and Little Timmy Dalton). It was not the defenders of the earth with the master of majic spells and illusions (mandrake). As I said it is all a bit vague - I am very sure it was a human actor film, and almost certain it was in colour, I think it was on BBC 2 MANY years ago, it was plagued me for years so I thought I would ask here. anyone else remember anything on Flash......
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

found these links, anyone know or seen these films.http://us.imdb.com/Title?0032475http:// ... le?0236899
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, they're not all films - IMDB is spreading its wings wider these days. 2 are clearly from the era of those black and white serials I mentioned, and I'm guessing that the others are actually cartoons, although I'm not sure about the 1996 version because it's linked to Reboot - which is CGI animation. Still can't be any more definitive help than that I'm afraid...
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

I remember Flesh Gordon 2 - Flesh meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders. Not saying any more on the grounds that Andy will kill me if I do Jim
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

<X IMPULSE PRIMED>
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

Raises shields
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »