Mike is moving house

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

Mike is moving house

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh. There does come a point when you just have to get your own phone-line - I don't envy you London housing prices though. I saw some rental prices down there on a visit a little while ago, and the mind really did boggle. I just completed (assuming I passed the exam!) my Professional Skills Course, so once I've done my electives there'll be nothing in between me and qualification apart from a few more months of training. About bloomin' time too!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Mike is moving house

Post by AndyThomas »

The Professional Skills Course is a requirement for qualification Mike - it has to be done during your training contract. It's some core skills, plus 4 electives of your own choice. Just the one exam to do, although the advocacy element is assessed as well. Brace yourself for the LPC costs - it ain't cheap, not that it ever was, but even I was suprised when I saw the prices mentioned in the Gazette the other day. Also, not to panic or alarm you or anything, but when did you do your degree? I think there's a time limit on how long it counts for exemption from the CPE; I suppose I'd assumed you'd done your LPC after your degree but just hadn't found a training contract which is the position I was in for a little while. Might be worth checking that point when you start ringing around LPC providers...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator