Anybody getting excited for AOTC?

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Shane

Post by Shane »

It's getting closer, and it's looking better than TPM (Not hard) So are you getting excited. I know that most of us are in our late 20's now but I still have a soft spot for Star Wars and hope AOTC is a winner.I've heard the love theme "Across the stars" and it sounds pretty #### good, even if it does sound very slightly like the main theme from Hook.But anyway are you guys looking forward to the movie? have you got your tickets already? or has the crapness of TPM put you off?Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well I certainly haven't bought my tickets yet, but I'll undoubtedly be going along to it - my own thinking is that they'll get darker as they go because Lucas' new audience will also be growing older as they go, rather as Buffy has done. Definitely be good to see some more of the Fetts, I just hope the sentimental stuff doesn't get overdone...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, let's watch the spoilers people! They really don't seem to have gone so hype-mad on this one, that might be a good thing - it means your take on it will be coloured by your own level of expectations rather than the level fed to you by the press. Which is probably part of why TPM didn't get applauded quite as much. BTW, if some of you haven't watched the second series of Spaced - you ought to. There's a whole thread underlying it which is the main character's hate of TPM!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Interesting article on the BBC web site - apparently Lucas admits that TPM was "disappointing" which is why the advertising and merchandising is much more low key this time. I suspect what happened last time is that he just got a leeeetle bit too carried away with all the new toys that were available to him and now he's settling down to actually tell the story with them again. I hope. I hope. I hope...
Shane

Post by Shane »

LFL are definitely going for a low key launch this time around. I think it was the press more than anything last time that hyped TPM out of all proportion. It could only fall short of people's expections after that kind of media saturation. Of course Lucas was too blame as well for being so greedy with the merchandising deals and for getting too carried away with what he could do with Digital technology when he shoud have been trying to get some better performances from his actors. God didn't they look bored.It looks like he's got the balance right this time, although I am a little concerned about one particular scene which I acidentlly saw a pic of on the force.net today, I'll say no more about it, so not to spoil the movie for anyone. But if this scene doesnt play well on the big screen it's going to absoloutely kill Star Wars completely for a lot of people.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!