UNREAL TOURNAMENT Session

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

unreal tounament is available cheap and it is very easy to mod. We can make a planet or space battle field (there are many rhere already) and mod a good team, shiro/ben/barry etc and a bad team Orion/termiods/caliban etc etcThen play a team game online I think it would be great.i know this has been mentioned before but it is really easy to do.Matt.
Shane

Post by Shane »

What tools would you need to use to modify the different characters? Do you need to start from scratch? And would poser be of any use, or any other art package? Or is it just a case of programming?My that's a lot of questions. Shane.(Edited by Shane at 7:42 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Hrm. Can't we make it Half Life, I've just randomly bought all the mods and stuff for that! It's going to be a bit unfair lag-wise too - the people with ISDN and the like would run loops round me! Mind you, back when I used to play Netmech, allowing for lag was a skill unto itself. The only FPS I've played online was Quake II and only briefly...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh. It's a little late to run out to the shops now! Would I need Unreal and Unreal Tournament? They're both pretty cheap actually and I had looked at them but I thought Half Life would give my machine more of a work out. Right now I've got a good half dozen new games to wade through, all of which look gorgeous, I'm pleased to say! I did mess around with skins for Quake II as well, briefly, but it wasn't something I really got into due to my ping times... I haven't tried Half Life multiplayer yet, been enjoying Edge of Chaos too much...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Mike, your on-line hours seem to be even more nuts than mine - do you do some funny shifts at, Waterstones, was it?
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

Andy, I can safley say they Unreal tournament is modem friendly. It is optimised for 28K network play + so as long as you have a 28K modem the game is more than playable much better than half life, this is the reason I suggest the game to the group.