AOTC Novel

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

AOTC Novel

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh, yes. There's a lively, ah, discussion about that on the Spaced Out forum!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
leigh gti6

AOTC Novel

Post by leigh gti6 »

I think CGI is the way forward, there is so much more you can do with it compared to normal film sets. I do agree that some films can look tacky, but could George Lucas achieve the same look to his film AOTC without using cgi? ILM are the best.
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

Well Jonathon Ross gave it 2 stars today in the Daily Mirror. 2 bloody stars. I'll take that review with a pinch of salt what with him being a tosser and everything. Still on a Star Wars tip, have you ever checked this site out:http://www.pulpphantom.comTotally But be warned it contains a lot of strong language! Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

Yeah Ross is quite the genre fan. I'm not surprised at all that he was into Star Fleet. He's a big Jackie Chan fan and he's well into his comic books. That's why I was a little taken aback by his review. Still pretty much all the UK reviews so far have been extremely positive. It seems to be getting a far more mixed reception in the US though. But hey, like you say, only a few more days to go now. Can't wait. Shane.
AndyThomas

AOTC Novel

Post by AndyThomas »

I'm aiming to see it on Monday on the Full Monty screen at UGC Sheffield, and then again on Thursday (probably)!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

I've watched it twice today. After the first viewing I really didn't know if I liked it at all, so I had to watch it again. I found it much better after a second viewing. There is some truely terrible dialogue in the film, but the action more than makes up for it, especially the last 30 mins (which is jaw droppingly good)I think this film may grow on me in time. Just like Empire did.Shane.(Edited by Shane at 7:56 pm on May 16, 2002)
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

Well, I saw it again today, and it gets better each time you watch it. There really is too much eye candy to take in for one viewing. I agree with you Gareth, Hayden was pretty awesome despite some typically cheesy Star Wars dialogue.I would definitely rate it second only to The Empire Strikes Back now. Shane.(Edited by Shane at 9:10 pm on May 17, 2002)