Anyone else going to Glastonbury?

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:47 pm

Last time I went was three years ago. The lineup wasn't great but there was plenty of stuff to do.Good luck getting in Mike san. I've seen the big punkass fences they are putting up this year, it'll be a bit more difficult to attend in an "unofficial capacity" ;)Still you could always bribe the security men that always works. (Edited by Shane at 10:43 pm on June 4, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!

AndyThomas

Postby AndyThomas » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:55 am

Quote Quote: from Shane on 9:47 pm on June 4, 2002Last time I went was three years ago. The lineup wasn't great but there was plenty of stuff to do.Good luck getting in Mike san. I've seen the big punkass fences they are putting up this year, it'll be a bit more difficult  to attend in an "unofficial capacity" ;)Still you could always bribe the security men that always works. (Edited by Shane at 10:43 pm on June 4, 2002)Yes, I'd heard that this year could be the last because the crowds last year (or the year before?) got so much bigger than the allowed numbers. So if it happens again this year, despite the enhanced precautions, it could be bye-bye Glastonbury...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator

Matt Darcy

Postby Matt Darcy » Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:52 pm

I don't live far from Glastonbury but I am not getting that excited about it this year, as last year was CRAP!I will however do my daily venture and prove that the force is strong with my family. I find waving your hand (with £30 in it) infront of the doormen saying the words "I think you'll find I have a ticket" in a jedi style works wonders. More so when you realise that the door men are beggers off the street and welcome any sort of money.

AndyThomas

Postby AndyThomas » Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:58 pm

They do seem to be just a little bit keen on people not getting over the fence - or indeed anywhere near the site - without a ticket:http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/index2.htmlIt's a professional security firm as well Matt - so unless you encounter a weak minded guard (!) you may have to ask Mike for a piggy back! I can see this having a reverse effect though - if you make it tougher to get in, more people will probably try just because they've been told not to. But then it does seem likely that it'll be the last one if the numbers get breached again. No more tickets left either, unless a few, ah, entrepreneurs are going to be selling some in the area...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator

Matt Darcy

Postby Matt Darcy » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:17 pm

they are all weak minded fools, (hence muscle no brains)it is a concern that if they let people in the gigs will end !!!! that would be a shame as last years was poor but other years have been good.

Happosai

Postby Happosai » Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:58 am

Um, Matt, there wasn't a Glastonbury festival last year...I'm not going this year (although everyone I know and their dog is going...)...I'm off to sunny Barcelona next week for the Sonar festival...niiiiice. (^_^)[Happosai]

Matt Darcy

Postby Matt Darcy » Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:34 pm

sorry I actually meant....last time around. my phrasing is bad, also it has been a rough week

Return to “Everything Else”