Favourite Games

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Rachel

Favourite Games

Postby Rachel » Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:39 pm

Mine are Articulate and Scrabble; I have been playing those with my family over the Xmas holiday. I also like Trivial Pursuit, but haven't played that for ages.

Chris Snape

Favourite Games

Postby Chris Snape » Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:34 pm

The most addictive gaem was International Karate + for the Amiga. Total fun with three blokes fighting!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com

AndyThomas

Favourite Games

Postby AndyThomas » Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:30 pm

I suspect that Rachel may have been thinking board games.*blank looks from the lads*Y'know. Games not requiring batteries or joypads! Of the board variety, Diplomacy was always good but quite hard to find. Like a more high-brow version of Risk. Of the electronic variety, Goldeneye's always good fun...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator

Chris Snape

Favourite Games

Postby Chris Snape » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:30 pm

I was mad on board games as a wee nipper!Lost valley of the DinosaursEscape from AtlantisThunder-roadGhost Castle
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com

Shane

Favourite Games

Postby Shane » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:05 pm

Hungry Hippos.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!

FZeroOne

Favourite Games

Postby FZeroOne » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:14 pm

I used to own a lot of pen-and-paper RPGs but I very rarely actually played them.Among my favourites though were:Star Wars: one of the most elegant systems designed, and captured the swashbuckling mood of the films perfectly.Paranoia: one of the greatest RPG concepts ever devised; took the traditional "all work together" ethic of RPGs and turned it completely on its head. It was possible to get killed an infinite number of ways even before you heard what your mission was. Often it was your fellow players that did the shooting...BattleTech: yes, they acquired a few classic designs from Japanese sources. Yes, 'Mechs are clumsy walking tanks, rather than the more "ninja" style of Japanese-style mecha. Yes, the game system could be a little clunky. But for the most part, it worked, was straightforward, easily picked up, and provided great fun. Big robots bashing the daylights out of each other is one of the classic pop culture ideas of the 20th Century, and BattleTech did it pretty well.Call of Cthulu: argugably, *the* greatest pen-and-paper RPG of all time. Wonderfully atmospheric and geniunely scary to play. A little like Paranoia, it wasn't a matter of avoiding dying - you were doomed as soon as you rolled up a character - it was going out in style that mattered. Cthulu added its own twist by driving you insane first...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.

FZeroOne

Favourite Games

Postby FZeroOne » Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:05 pm

Oh, I forgot - does chess count?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.

Return to “Everything Else”