Farscape

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

Farscape

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, that's another class show off our screens earlier than it should have gone. Here's hoping they manage to continue it in some way, shape or form...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Farscape

Post by Crash »

yeah I'm VERY VERY ANGRY!!! about this. So yeah, what was that all about with the joker with the open-up head?Apparently we have to visit the official site wherever that is to find out what happens, so er... I'm heading off there now.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Crash

Farscape

Post by Crash »

Right. Once again it seems the BBC have failed to do their research since series 4 and 5 are gonna be made regardless of Jim Henson and his bumbling burocracy, according to an article on the website that took me about 20 seconds to find. So all's well that ends well.
AndyThomas

Farscape

Post by AndyThomas »

Erm, no. What's happened is that series 4 and 5 were commissioned, but season 5 was subsequently not taken up by Sci-Fi. It was dropped just as they were wrapping up the episode that was on tonight, giving no real opportunity to wrap up season 4 as the conclusion to the story - not that the Farscape crew would necessarily have done anything different. It's a little confusing, because the BBC woman sounded up-beat about going to the web site, but that was only because it talks about the "Save Farscape" campaign. The outside chance is that it'll come back as an anime, or a film. Maybe.
Shane

Farscape

Post by Shane »

The funny thing is, the last episode does actually work well as an end of show finale. If they just faded out after erin and john finally made their feelings clear for each other, I would have been a very happy bunny. Farscape was always about the characters anyway, and not some general resolution.Great show though. sniff.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Farscape

Post by Crash »

AndyThomas

Farscape

Post by AndyThomas »

Erm, no Notice the URL of that page Crash? 092701. In American speak, that's 27th September 2001. The copyright notice at the bottom of the page also says 2001. Hence the news you're hanging your hat on is a little out of date! That's the announcement of what everyone hoped would happen, but what actually happened down the line was that series 4 got made but the option to make series 5 hasn't been picked up - and probably won't be. If it had been, I don't think there'd be a need for the Save Farscape campaign!
Crash

Farscape

Post by Crash »

Oh well that's what comes of being an eternal optimist.
felice

Farscape

Post by felice »

At this point the best chance for saving Farscape seems to be this: www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/FarscapeFund/