Traffic Police???

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
FZeroOne

Traffic Police???

Postby FZeroOne » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:52 pm

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?let ... d=6795Date listed there is 1987; a very quick search suggests a date around 1993 - 1994 for TD2192. You might have another game in mind though...? ( there may also have been console versions of APB after the arcade version... )
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.

Crash

Traffic Police???

Postby Crash » Sat May 03, 2003 7:40 am

Actually I ran Zone 66 the other night. If you read the opening dialogs; what it says about terrorism and Global Security Agencies is, infact coming true right now. - Sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.
Dream big and bold and daring.

FZeroOne

Traffic Police???

Postby FZeroOne » Sat May 03, 2003 6:09 pm

Quote (Crash Override @ 03 May 2003,08:40)Actually I ran Zone 66 the other night.  If you read the opening dialogs; what it says about terrorism and Global Security Agencies is, infact coming true right now.  - Sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.So when do I get my heavily armed Valkyrie and get to go on a high speed strafing run then? If you don't mind me asking, how and what did you run Zone 66 on? My last attempt to run on it on a modern-spec PC wasn't overly successful, and I wouldn't mind another chance to crater a few enemy islands...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.

Crash

Traffic Police???

Postby Crash » Sun May 04, 2003 10:27 am

Windows 98 SE. AMD ATH. 800MHz, TNT RIVA2 etc. Some original versions might not work, but there are revised versions, the demos at least work okay.

FZeroOne

Traffic Police???

Postby FZeroOne » Tue May 06, 2003 8:09 pm

Okay, will have to give it another try sometime. Strange how you can get a postively ancient arcade game from the dawn of video-gaming to run okay these days but not something released barely 10 years ago, isn't it?

Crash

Traffic Police???

Postby Crash » Mon May 12, 2003 12:04 pm

"Strange how you can get a postively ancient arcade game from the dawn of video-gaming to run okay these days but not something released barely 10 years ago, isn't it?"Dunno its just luck of the draw as to how they were programmed and whether windows likes the look of them.So how did you get on? Did it work? Can you download the entire thing these days or just the demo? It's gotta have gone out of print by now.Oh yeah, which ship's the Valkyrie?

FZeroOne

Traffic Police???

Postby FZeroOne » Mon May 12, 2003 2:33 pm

I'm afraid I haven't had a chance to try it yet - had a few other things to do. Will get round to it sometime though!The "Valkyrie" was a rather poor joke on my part - as far as I know theres no craft of that name in Zone 66. You'll find what I'm referring to in the famous anime, Macross...

Return to “Everything Else”