Theme Tunes

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Rachel

Theme Tunes

Post by Rachel »

What do you reckon are the most irresistible theme tunes ever? I say Terrahawks and the Adventures of Black Beauty (another series that is long overdue for reruns). Starfleet comes after those two.
NC

Theme Tunes

Post by NC »

I'd have to add James Bond, Jamie and the magic torch, chorlton and the wheelies, Cities of Gold, Dukes of Hazzard, Fall Guy, A Team, The Saint, Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet (end theme) and the Pink Panther... erm have I left anything out ;)But not in any order wouldn't want to hurt a theme tunes feelings
Shane

Theme Tunes

Post by Shane »

Streethawk, Airwolf and Knightrider theme tunes were all amazing. I'd have to throw in The great Equalizer, Ulysses 31 and Sport Billy theme tunes for good measure too. As well as: Transformers, Dangermouse, Count Duckula, Worzel Gummidge, Super Gran, Dogtanian......Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
FZeroOne

Theme Tunes

Post by FZeroOne »

Many of the ones all ready mentioned - AirWolf, especially ( Stringfellow Hawke was my hero...! ), but I don't watch a lot of mainstream TV these days... um... Anime specific: Just Communication ( Gundam Wing ), Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex ), just about all the Kimagure Orange Road openings ( 80s J-pop rules! ), Revolutionary Girl Utena opening, Aura Battler Dunbine opening...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Slatz

Theme Tunes

Post by Slatz »

I don't know if it qualifies as a theme tune but nothing beats the great escape!
felice

Theme Tunes

Post by felice »

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the Doctor Who theme yet...Some of my other favourites would be "Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis" (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Battlestar Galactica, Luna, Red Dwarf, Futurama, the Lost Islands, Fraggle Rock...
Crash

Theme Tunes

Post by Crash »

I can't believe no-one's mentioned Hawaii 5-0.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Theme Tunes

Post by Zordon »

Go Go thingy rangers!!, daiguard "ba baba ba" song. Ghost in the shell. Martian Sucsessor Nadesico, Love Hina and a few others.but I still get the goosebumps whenever I hear Evangelions Eva launch theme.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Skeletor, Overlord of Evil

Theme Tunes

Post by Skeletor, Overlord of Evil »

I can`t believe no one`s mentioned He-Man! That being said, I agree with just about every one that`s been put forward thus far, but there are others. Last of the Summer Wine, Eastenders, The League of Gentlemen being just a few I`ve enjoyed over the years.
Skeletor was already laughing when Mr T burst into the throne room. "Ah, Mr. T, I thought framing you and your crack-commando friends would keep you out of my plans to conquer the World of Cheese. A pity."