Deus Ex

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

Deus Ex

Post by AndyThomas »

Just curious to know if anyone's played this game at all? I'm sneaking around it now but I can't seem to quite settle on a playing style - for those not familiar it's a first person shooter with heavy RPG elements that allows you to play super-stealthily or go gung-ho, whichever you prefer. My main problem with it is lack of inventory space...!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matt Darcy

Deus Ex

Post by Matt Darcy »

I got to the second to last level on Deus Ex, then got frustrated and have left it alone for a while. GREAT game.inventory space is always a problem. make sure you pick up cans and energy drinks, but avoid beers (they give you energy but make you drunk so not worth taking if you are fighting and running low on energy) take a good couple of guns that are worth while - and at least one silent wepon (silence is worth while) always pick up and move the bodies out of line of site as this stops the alert being raised.Love this game
AndyThomas

Deus Ex

Post by AndyThomas »

I've only done a couple of levels - big they are, too.  Definitely liking it for the little touches if not the big, like feeding a kid to get information and getting skill points for actually having thought to try it!  Plus the whole basketball thing amuses me as well for some reason - just that they bothered to put something that random in!  Loads of newspapers and stuff to read as well, some of which I actually found quite disturbing in light of recent world events...H'mm.  So, I need to limit myself to certain weapons.  So I can't have the anti-tank weapon, GEP, flamethrower, rifle, sawn off shot gun all at the same time...?!  OK, so maybe they made it a bit too realistic!  I could see that putting Quake types off actually - the RPG element is quite strong in it...
GenoGear

Deus Ex

Post by GenoGear »

Top game. There are about 3 or 4 endings to the game.
AndyThomas

Deus Ex

Post by AndyThomas »

Processing power I now have ;) It's pretty dark though, I'm almost tempted to run round with my lights on all the time! I've restarted it with a view to concentrating on a couple of skills rather than trying to do everything per advice here and elsewhere, but I've probably got a good few weeks of play to go yet...
Jim Box

Deus Ex

Post by Jim Box »

"but I've probably got a good few weeks of play to go yet..."LOLI think this is Andy's way of saying if I go online and play this now, I'm gonna get creamed!!!" ;)Jim
AndyThomas

Deus Ex

Post by AndyThomas »

Hoi! I'll have you know that way back when, I actually won real hard cash doing online gaming. Well, alright, it was HMV vouchers and it wasn't LOTS but - I won them! I have to confess though, I've never played a "pure" FPS on-line - actually, no, I have - Quake 2 once or twice. But generally a modem connection isn't great for arenas like that. When I played Netmech it was different because the tournaments were 1on1 or 2v2 which was OK and there's more strategy involved. Starcraft was the only other thing I was into big time, as recorded at Adamantium...
Jim Box

Deus Ex

Post by Jim Box »

Hey Andy, only kidding mate ;)Confession time: I have NEVER played an online game yet (have'nt had the time)Plus, I keep using up all my bandwidth on Kazaa and newsgroups LOL, oh well 1meg will be with me soon, so maybe I will have a dabble at Quake 3 or something!Jim
GenoGear

Deus Ex

Post by GenoGear »

Wow they are on about making a film of Deus Ex.