Deus Ex

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

Deus Ex

Postby AndyThomas » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:54 pm

Yes? They'd probably do it in a Matrix-meets-Bladerunner stylee. The sequel (to the game!) is due out shortly, isn't it? Muggins here is currently going to have a nice chat with some Triad types about a very shiny sword ;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator

GenoGear

Deus Ex

Postby GenoGear » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:31 pm

Can not find a Release Date for DX2:Invisible War. But I dont know what system to get it on PC or Xbox? If I get on on PC it would mean an upgrade is needed.

AndyThomas

Deus Ex

Postby AndyThomas » Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:13 pm

Yes, I had a look at the web site just today and noticed it was coming out on the XBox. Not a great deal of detail there yet, but they look to be fairly well along with it. I suppose X Boxes have come down in price, but would you have to buy a mouse and keyboard?! I don't know if a FPS/RPG like Deus Ex will translate all that well...?

GenoGear

Deus Ex

Postby GenoGear » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:18 am

The Downside is there is going to be no mouse of keyboard for the Xbox. Just have to see how well it will work with the pad. But there is a control set coming out with something like 56+ buttons. But that looks more like a cocpit of a plane.

AndyThomas

Deus Ex

Postby AndyThomas » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:55 pm

Just to say that I finished all three alternative endings the other day. I think the game was actually stronger more in the middle than at the end, although I think they were smart in making the last levels quite quick to play through - otherwise it could have gotten tedious. But overall, in terms of general "feel", yes, very impressive. I'll be interested to see what reaction the sequel gets...

GenoGear

Deus Ex

Postby GenoGear » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:43 pm

Got DX2 for Xbox on Sat. Beat it on Sunday. Its a good game just too short. I got say it plays well with the control pad. Playing it a 2nd time now but as a woman.

AndyThomas

Deus Ex

Postby AndyThomas » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:00 am

Wow, old thread this eh? I haven't played it on the PC but I understand it's massively resource intensive, so XBox is probably a better option and apparently the PC version does play as if it's a console conversion. Reaction does seem to be positive though.

Crash

Deus Ex

Postby Crash » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:03 am

Did you know it's a proven fact that female characters on Quake get shot at more than 3 times as often as men.
Dream big and bold and daring.

GenoGear

Deus Ex

Postby GenoGear » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:38 pm

Well its about 50/50 with people. Most of them wanted to see DX all over and it plays like a console game. So they b!tch about it. Yeah the skill system has been dumbed down. But that dont stop it from being a good game. It is less RPG than the 1st. I gota say the ending sucks. Wel I have just seen one but from what I have read they all suck. But I did kick JC's ass.

Return to “Everything Else”