Blast off!

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
FZeroOne

Blast off!

Postby FZeroOne » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:08 pm

Returning to the original point of the post - SpaceShip One goes for space tomorrow. I guess the "boldly go" line has been done, huh?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.

FZeroOne

Blast off!

Postby FZeroOne » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:18 pm

Great - another thing the Australians are on top of the world at. Literally... Seriously, though, glad to see it all went off okay, though apparently there were a few glitches. Hope they have similar success in future!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.

AndyThomas

Blast off!

Postby AndyThomas » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:51 pm

Yes, I was looking at the web site and I now "get" what it does coming in on re-entry - the wings actually flick up 90 degrees through the vertical so when it's coming back in it's got a massive air brake thing going on. Must be incredibly tough material to be able to do variable geometry like that. Wonder how much the tickets are going to cost...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator

Return to “Everything Else”