Zentrix

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Zentrix

Post by Crash »

You may be aware of a Japanese (kids) Science Fiction / Action CGI animation called Zentrix which was shown on Channel 5 on Saturday lunchtimes until about 2 weeks ago when the series ended.The show was really quite reminiscent of Star Fleet with a Transforming Red Mega Robot called Zeus, imaginative spacecraft, fantastic kung-fu robot action sequences, devastating weapons, a magical time-travelling princess, a carbon copy of Doctor Benn and a killer soundtrack.Unfortunately Channel 5 have no apparent interest in repeating the show and a DVD release is somewhat unlikely at the moment. I don't know if any of you saw the show but I don't intend to let the show end there since I missed the first half of the series hope to see the entire thing.So - if there's any measure of interest or any other fans out there amongst the regulars - how do we get the series back again?[ Zentrix | Five | Producers ]
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Zentrix

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah, that was what it was called. I meant to mention I'd caught an episode of this and been suitably impressed, the irony being it was the last episode! Seemed to be carrying on in the tradition of the likes of Reboot for quality animation with strenth of storyline. I wouldn't count out a DVD release if there's any merchandising associated with the show...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Zentrix

Post by Crash »

It was great wasn't it? Do you mind if I ask you how it ended since the final episode is the only one I forgot to video since I started watching it.
AndyThomas

Zentrix

Post by AndyThomas »

Little tricky as I didn't know the characters, but basically the big evil robot was kicking the stuffing out of two goody robots in a big chamber. One of them, the more beaten up one, sacrifices himself to block an attack intended for the other and transfer his Zentrium (?) to the other to make him double-power. The fight steps up a gear as the enhanced goody goes to war while the young girl (princess?) arrives with other humans and little robots.Despite the power boost it rapidly becomes obvious that the evil guy is just toying with the remaining goody. However, being the hero type, he has a cunning plan. He sets himself into a sort of overload mode and lures the baddy into a different chamber through a hole blasted in the chamber they'd been fighting in to that point. He asks the little girl, on a secure frequency, to power up the time machine in the second chamber.He then proceeds to get a body-lock on his opponent as he approaches meltdown, dead centre in the time machine. The girl doesn't want to trigger it, but finally does and both combatants disappear, ending the threat - but not before the good guy ejects his Zentrium.Things then get wrapped up - the little girl says goodbye to a boy and is visited by the goody robot in a dream-like way, before returning to her own time with a professor type chap using the time machine.Apologies for the lack of names but I wasn't paying that much attention really and it was a lot to take in!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Zentrix

Post by Crash »

Thanks Andy - that's great! I can't believe Quantum (the dark grey robot) gets creamed tho' I saw him get his arm blown off in the previous episode. Zentriums are the robots' processors, personality and memory chips and powerplants all-in-one.Provided they saved that part then they can supposedly build another one.Anyhow I emailed the production and look what I got back... "Dear Piers,Thank you very much for your compliment on Zentrix. At this stage, we have Zentrix DVDs in French and Japanese version. We plan to release the English version in near future. Thank you.RegardsImagi Production Ltd"w00t