Transformers

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Shane

Transformers

Post by Shane »

Yeah, as part of the Diaclone range, but they gained mass appeal relabeled as Dinobots for the Transformers 2nd wave.And I agree Grimlock, and indeed most of the other Transformers were handled a lot better by the UK comic writers.Sidestepping a little, but there's an anime channel that I caught on sky last night that was showing the Japanese Headmaster's cartoon. My god! it's some of the worst dubbing I've ever ever heard. It's like a fan's done it.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Transformers

Post by AndyThomas »

Oh yes, that and the one with the bizarre bullet train in it. Obviously couldn't find the original voice artists, or a decent dubber. All very bizarre. I think I saw an actual anime chanel somewhere on Sky, and is it Propeller TV or something that seems to do anime after 8 or 9? Tripped across some Guyver on it the other day very randomly....
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Transformers

Post by Crash »

Well dubbing in the UK and US is what actors do when they've fizzled out, isn't it? I think we were very lucky with Star Fleet. Even massive budget modern stuff like Gundam SEED is unwatchable in English.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Abdul

Transformers

Post by Abdul »

(Shane @ Aug. 07 2007,14:29)QUOTEIt's a mess of a movie, pretty incoherent, hey, it's a Michael Bay movie I expected no less!^^^^^^^^^^Yep, I'm in agreement there!Michael Bay gives boys plenty of what they want, namely fast cars, explosions, military weapons and scantily-clad girls.Oh yes, I believe there were also some transforming robots in the film too