Current Sci-Fi Shows

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Current Sci-Fi Shows

Post by Crash »

Nah, drivers should be fine for it - check the manufacturer's download site for drivers.64 is a fair bit faster apparently and very solid.This is 21st century - non-support for 64bit from hardware is not good enough.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Son Of Chronos

Current Sci-Fi Shows

Post by Son Of Chronos »

I couldnt agree more with your last comment, but I have been searching the net and that is the very case, its a good job I dont have 4gig plus because it would be wasted.Meh its no big deal, like I said compared to my current system even running 32bit again it will still be faster.
Son Of Chronos

Current Sci-Fi Shows

Post by Son Of Chronos »

Well my laptop came this week, and I must say its great.First thing I did was get vista off there I made backups just incase though, loaded on xp because windows7 does not work with my programs, Ive spent the last two nights getting everything on here and working to my liking.Tested out a few games with demos crysis runs but on low settings, RE5 runs pretty damn well not full spec but around mid range, tried a few others abit of tweaking and I can get them playable, for the price I cant really moan, its a mid range system and just over 400 quid, it certainly leaves my old laptop in the dust, I can actually play most games made in the last 5 years now lol, although playing games is not what I wanted it for.Gave your SF game ago Crash, it works great now, no slow down, I'll get into that else where though.Many thanks to Crash and Shane for their input on the matter, I probably would have bought something rubbish otherwise.Right now before I went off topic, I was going to mention Doctor Who, as in its finished, well I mean Tennants run is over.Now I must admit I did like this return of Doctor Who if anything it was entertainning sci-fi, I thought the xmas special was abit hit and miss, I didnt really like the first episode, the 2nd was ok till the end where it just drag on, also the timelords? seriously you pull them out now, I kind of like it that they were gone from the universe, and not only that, they gave them some sinester feel out of nowhere.Anyway I think the show has gone as far as it can and I think Tennant knows this, and thats why he quit, better to go out on top and have your legacy remembered.Now this new guy, whether he is good or bad at being the Doctor, I can already forsee the show getting canned during his run, of course the Doctor Who fans will blame him for ruining the show, when in actual fact its gone as far as it can anyway, its been getting away with it imo because they have been nothing but specials for along time now. Saying that I dont want it to end, its the only sci-fi in the UK that has a strong following and gets proper TV times, do we really want to see more dancing on ice and x factor? no thanks!!
Crash

Current Sci-Fi Shows

Post by Crash »

I think you're right about Dr Who - I'm not very keen on the guy anyway but he seems to be astute enough.I saw him in that second St Trinians film, lol. That wasn't as good as the first. The script for the adult characters wasn't quite as good. Plus they seemed to have kept the most annoying girls and jettisoned the bearable ones.You see? X-Bomber's requirements aren't all that steep. I mean I appreciate that if it had its own runtime engine specifically for the game and I hadn't cut corners by using MMF it woulda been less demanding but... it's still OK. It displays several thousand sprites at a time at some points and runs on even pretty ... dated hardware.
Dream big and bold and daring.