Who are you? who who, who who?

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Well *cough*... I might as well use this thread to introduce myself here.Name: IanAge: 174 (That's 16 in pickle years)Sex: Male, last time I checked.Hobbies: Drawing/The Internet/Sound Editing/Television/Being lifelessWeirdest Thing You've Ever Bought: Any Thomas & Friends VHS/DVD past Season 8 ):Favorite Cartoon Character You'd like to Kill: Spongebob (I loved him from 99 to 03, but after the movie, I want him dead, and I speak for most people)I have finally been able to join, thanks to the help of Andy! Been trying for quite a while now but thanks to issues with the registration board, I couldn't. After contacting Andy, he created the account for me. Thanks, Andy...Anyhow, I am a relatively new fan of "Star Fleet", have only been a fan since September really. I'm American, but bought the DVD set (compacted Australian version, no posters and stuff unfortunately) along with a multi-region DVD player later on. Myself also being a new fan of "Thunderbirds" and Gerry Anderson, it was a mere matter of time before discovering "Star Fleet". I hope everyone will enjoy what I have to contribute, as I have got art and other projects I plan to share in the future.

Shane

Post by Shane »

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing some of your projects in the future.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Hello there I second that welcome.I had the same problems trying to join the forum, and again, Andy sorted it all out for me as well If you're a fan of Gerry Anderson, I recommend you check out Stingray as well as T-birds, as it's a top show.Definitely want to see your projects as well.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

"The Registration Board"! - The body of people who decide who gets in!Well, I'm pleased you made it. Welcome inside and well done for finding the series. It was a fun little show.So, now you've hit all the Supermarionation shows, it's time to go onto Gundam.Lookin forward to seein your style...
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Vanessa @ Mar. 30 2011,12:54)QUOTEHello there   I second that welcome.I had the same problems trying to join the forum, and again, Andy sorted it all out for me as well   If you're a fan of Gerry Anderson, I recommend you check out Stingray as well as T-birds, as it's a top show.Definitely want to see your projects as well.I've pretty much checked all the Supermarionation shows, including "Star Fleet" (of course) and "Space Patrol" *not sure if that used the solenoid process though*. I'm actually half way through the Stingray DVD I got a couple weeks ago.Thanks everyone, I will be sharing one of them shortly.

Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

Following Blaze's fine example.....Hi,After being a long time lurker and former member of this board in the early days I decided to re-join after talking to Vannesa ( ) about the Episode 18 re- dub. I originally joined these forums when I needed to know how to obtain copies of Starfleet so I could finish watching the series after originally watching it on Saturday morning TV.In those days the only way to get the show was on SVCDs transferred from the American video cassettes. I think I may still have them in my loft somewhere. So I'm a big scifi fan and have been an online PC gamer for as long as I remember playing FPSs like Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 4 etc etc. I am a long standing member of a multi-gaming community and we own a private gaming server that we all purchased and I installed in the data-centre we use. If you want to check it out the web addy is www.thesasclan.co.uk. It is a community for mature gamers so please assume anything you view may be NSFW. There is probably more to come but I would like to say I'm a big fan of deviantArt and I had come across Blaze's work before. I'm not sure how active I'll be on these boards but we will have to wait and see. Mach1na

Even in Death, I still Serve
Shane

Post by Shane »

Well, a warm welcome to you Mach1na.I hope you decide to say for a while.It's a quiet forum, but stuff gets done!
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Post by Crash »

You're joking? We bagged another one!?A big welcome to the board to you. Thanks for signing on.I like your image at the bottom - Where does it come from?It's nice to have some gamers on the forums although I doubt X-Bomber will match up to Call of Duty or whatever you folk probably play the most of currently. I'm always after peoples' input.And we could definitely use help to get Vanessa's project up to full speed.I'm sorry I couldn't have welcomed you first or sooner but I was in court all morning in Cupar observing the most shockingly irregular expenses hearing - and then I drove 200 miles back and worked on X-Bomber after recovering from the overall impact.
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

Thanks for the welcome guys! To answer your question Crash, my avatar and signature images come from the the feature-length Japanese animated musical film Interstella 5555 The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem which was a collaboration between Daft Punk and Toei Animation, under the supervision of Leiji Matsumoto.It is an amazing film and one of my favourites. I love Daft Punk's Discivery album but everyone I've shown Interstella 5555 to loves it whether they are Daft Punk fans or not. Here are a couple of clips:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DMfrMba ... relatedI’m more than happy to critique your video game Crash. I’ll download it today and have a go. Although my gaming clan is mostly into FPS (First Person Shooters) I do like all genres especially the Dawn of War series (Got to love Warhammer 40k) and I am currently playing Deadspace 2.Later I’ll try and post some videos of some of the games I used to play and am currently playing.So I guess I best answer the questions originally posted by Zordon:NAME: Darren or sometimes known as Ace AGE: 36SEX: MaleHOBBIES: Music, Travelling, Rugby, Football, Computers, Audio Visual,  Guinness and history.WEIRDEST THING YOU'VE EVER BOUGHT: A 15” Easter Bunny Hello KittyFAVORITE CARTOON CHARACTER YOU'VE LIKE TO KILL: Anyone from Winx Club.If you want to know my mental age best ask Vanessa.
Even in Death, I still Serve
Crash

Post by Crash »

It looks like a show with a nice animation style as well as quality. I'll try and dig it up.I had never heard much of Daft Punk until they did the soundtrack for Tron Legacy, which I thought was brilliant.