1970s Cartoons

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Shane

1970s Cartoons

Post by Shane »

Loved the first two episodes of Thundercats.The original theme is unbeatable, but I doubt it would sit well with this more serious version of the show. Good to hear a few nods to it now and again in the orchestral soundtrack though.It is a shame it doesn't have a longer theme tune though. The 80s toons might have been a bit more shallow, but the theme tunes always rocked!

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

1970s Cartoons

Post by Crash »

This show sound interesting but I don't have time at the moment to watch the shows that I'm already into.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

1970s Cartoons

Post by Rachel »

I tried a new Thundercats episode this evening; it was OK, but not as good as in the old days. Today's kids might disagree?
felice

1970s Cartoons

Post by felice »

When did you last watch the original series? The new one is really intended to be watched in order from the start, rather than picking out random episodes.
Rachel

1970s Cartoons

Post by Rachel »

I bought the original series (1 and 2) on DVD, when they were released, must be about 3 or 4 years ago. The best episode = possibly the one in which Lion-O reverts to being a child, then a baby.I still rather miss my old pure-white Wilykat, now in Kitty Heaven.
Vanessa

1970s Cartoons

Post by Vanessa »

I've recently watched the first 11 episodes of the New Thundercats and I am impressed.I wasn't really a fan of the original series, but this version seems to have a better underlying plot and a good series continuity, like Star Fleet. Also the visuals seem better as well.I have seen the opening and closing credits as well, so it must depend on where you watch/download them from as to whether you get them.Some of the episodes were formulaic fillers, but some were better and moved the plot on well. Whilst staying true to the appearance of the original characters, these new T'cats seem to be a bit less childishly portrayed, and slightly more mature. But it's still a kids show for sure. There's certainly a slight anime theme to this new version.It could still do with a great theme tune though. As Shane says, there's traces of the original in the musical score, but no real new theme tune version. It could do with one that was a bit more hard-edged to suit the modern direction of the new show.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Rachel

1970s Cartoons

Post by Rachel »

Does anyone remember Jana of the Jungle? She was probably the fictional character I most wanted to be, in infants' school; it was Kate Kestrel when I was in junior school, and Anne of Green Gables in secondary school.I don't think there is a commercial Jana DVD yet, but I have a "home-made" one, again from the kind Youtube guy.