raising money for my son

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Zordon

raising money for my son

Post by Zordon »

Hi all, I'm starting a fund to raise money for a therapy my son will be having over the next year to help with his Cerebral palsy. Although he's only 2 years old he has very tight tendons in both legs which cause a sort of cross over and make it hard for him to stand or even crawl.At the moment he's just dragging his legs behind him.The Therapy is called Spider. It basically drums down to having a weightless suit put on and lots of bungee type cords attached to it to give the illusion of weightlessness. This should also help him with his fear off falling over as he hates trying to stand up in case he hurts himself.Myself and my wife are currently paying about £4000 a year on therapies for Jacob (my son) He has Anat Banial in March and October to help with his limb coordination and movement, Spider Therapy for standing and movement, Cranial osteopathy for blood flow and muscle argumentation.And this is before we even consider the operation in the states which will help him walk. My Wife and I can afford to save the money for the main Therapies but in about 4 years we're going to try and get Jacob booked in for an Op in the States which requires cutting nerves in the spine to release tension on his leg tendons.A young lad called Theo has had the same op and it's been a success.http://www.theosbigleap.org.uk/about.htmlAs you can see from there fund raising it costs a fair bit. Any donations would be great if anyone can help out. You can PM me if you'd like to make a donation.Also Forgot to mention if anyone would like to help with an event let me know. I think we might hold a cosplay picnic and see if we can do some sort of sponsored eventThanksDave
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

raising money for my son

Post by Crash »

Sorry for the late reply, just back home from Germany - will see you on Windows Live!
Dream big and bold and daring.