New Look In Material

Details of updates to SFXB
AndyThomas

New Look In Material

Post by AndyThomas »

I've just finished updating the Look In article to include all of the comic strips, covers and features that Look In covered.I also noticed, as I was looking through the various magazines, that Star Fleet was mentioned by the readership - scroll down to the bottom of the page to read how. I don't think any of the regulars here are the authors, but...!What else - ah, yes, there's a little advert for what is likely to have been the first commercial video release which I've not seen mentioned elsewhere. As I mention on the page, it seems likely that it's referencing the Thorn EMI tape judging by the running time.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

New Look In Material

Post by AndyThomas »

... and more than a year later (!) I finally complete my Look In collection, although unfortunately the copies I've bought were hole punched would you believe...  Anyway, I've now corrected a mistake where the same issue's strip was used twice and added a couple of new images, one a gallery page which appears in the Look In article and the other an old style 3D image of the crew.  In theory you'd need an old set of 3D glasses to get the effect and I don't know if it'll work off a computer screen, but for the sake of completeness, there it is.I think I've now got pretty much every mention of Star Fleet in Look In covered, although there might still be some gallery or letters pages that mention it late in 1982 which I wouldn't have.  Those Look Ins would also cover the airing dates, but I'm not intending to go hunting for them, I just wanted to know that I'd scanned in all the comics from the magazines myself basically.

Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

New Look In Material

Post by Bradster »

Wow, that's quite a fantastic collection there, Andy. Thanks for the updates!