Site Design Refresh

Details of updates to SFXB
AndyThomas

Site Design Refresh

Post by AndyThomas »

I've been working on converting the site to CSS and a liquid design - both of which turned out to be quite a tall order and it's taken me a good fair while to get my head round using CSS as a structural design tool and not just a method of doing pretty text colours.The thing is, CSS based sites don't always display quite the same on different browsers. So any feedback you may have, anything you think I may have missed, will be very welcome. Most of the pages should now be table free and load that bit faster. Let me know what you think...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
FZeroOne

Site Design Refresh

Post by FZeroOne »

What happen?! Haven't noticed anything odd on a quick browse-round with Firefox, Andy, though if I may make an observation, the site lay-out looks a touch plain. I'm aware of the "Keep It Simple, Stupid!" principle, but I just feel that the new layout looks a little sparse at present.What? You've considered what I've said very carefully and you're going to arrange a visit from the site relations advisor? Thats her business card? Lets see... C... O... M... M... A... N... D... E... R... M... A... K... A... oh. <FZeroOne disappears in multiple pyrotechnics... >
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
felice

Site Design Refresh

Post by felice »

http://www.sfxb.co.uk/genesis/stftgenesisgall.html is broken - the contents at top left and ads at top right cover part of the text. This happens in Firefox 2 and IE 6
NC

Site Design Refresh

Post by NC »

considering the great content on that page, its a shame ;)
Crash

Site Design Refresh

Post by Crash »

Aah that is way better. Before we had menus everywhere. This is nicer.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Site Design Refresh

Post by AndyThomas »

FZeroOne: It is simpler in many ways - life is mad at the moment so I'll look at prettying it up at some point, but the style may grow on you...Felice: Thank you, absolutely right...NC: Fixed now!Crash: Thanks - it feels a lot cleaner than it was before and all the functionality is there, just in a different form.Now, if anyone can tell me why IE7 is giving me a horizontal scrollbar for no good reason I'd be very grateful!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Site Design Refresh

Post by Crash »

IE always does that. It's getting a table or width variable wrong. I had that problem ages ago. Let's have a look...
Crash

Site Design Refresh

Post by Crash »

Yeah, this CSS is massive. I tried out a wordpress thing ages ago that had that problem. It had a vast stylesheet too. It just looks like it happens when Explorer gets confused.
Zordon

Site Design Refresh

Post by Zordon »

I like the new layout. very cool, keep up the good work and regular updates. what's it been.... nearly 3 years since an update?
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Site Design Refresh

Post by Crash »

Wow, this forum is Nice!Ikonboard has really gone the extra mile with this one. Thanks for setting it up Andy, these sorts of thing can take ages.