IMDB entry for Star Fleet/X Bomber

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

I've been delving into the Internet Movie Database (http://imdb.com/) quite a lot in the last couple of days, doing some preliminary research for an idea I've had to start a project aimed at populating the IMDB with a comprehensive set of information about all anime shows (nice small project...!).Anyway, I just did a search for both "Star Fleet" (with and without the space) and "X Bomber", and found that there isn't an entry in there for it!Anyone fancy adding an entry?  Details about adding entries to the IMDB are given here:  http://us.imdb.com/Help/Classes/Senior/addsSomething that'll need to be decided is whether to treat Starfleet and X Bomber as separate shows, with separate entries, or put an entry in for X Bomber, with Star Fleet (not forgetting the French Bomber X) as an alternate title/version (I'm not 100% clear yet what the preference is from the IMDB guys).I suggest thrashing out all the details of what will be submitted on here first, before going ahead, just so that there won't be multiple (inconsistent) submissions, and that omissions won't occur.I'm sure there's enough info contained in the various Star Fleet sites run by people on here to put together a good entry, and it can contain links to your sites too![Happosai]
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, the IMDB does seem to have extended its ambit beyond just movies, doesn't it?  I think it's something that's been mentioned here before.  Between us we could certainly even do images etc for the entry.  I'll have a look over the weekend.  I suppose there ought to be three versions - Star Fleet, X Bomber and Bomber X, because there will have been different talents involved for the various translations.  Shane may have enough info on Bomber X to be able to do a suitable entry...?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yeah definitely! I would certainly help out where I could. Bomber X was pretty much the same as X Bomber with identical music and sound effects. only the theme tune and vocal audio dub was replaced by the french production crew, so it was only a very basic translation. I guess you could mention it as part of an X Bomber entry, maybe focusing on the theme tune, with a link to an mp3 or mpeg file?Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

I just noticed that there is now an entry in the IMDB for "Ekkusu Bonbaa":  http://us.imdb.com/Title?0307741Was it one of you lot that submitted it?It still needs the cast adding -- there shouldn't be a problem with both the Japanese and the English VAs being in the same entry, as long as the English ones are indicated as such.Some info about the French version might be a nice addition...also reviews, trivia, link to your web sites, etc.[Happosai]
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Wasn't me - the Japanese names are very accurate, I don't think I've ever actually seen the true Japanese for the series other than it being "X Bomber" rather than Star Fleet. Perhaps someone's used the Fantastic Films article or something? I can't immediately think of anywhere which lists, for example, the Japanese Bow Wow music information... I've just finished (with much crossing of fingers!) re-partitioning my hard drive so I'm going to try and shift up a gear in getting stuff done, although I've got a course coming up which will demand a lot of my time...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, I decided to have a crack at it. What I've done is added more Japanese related information to the directors etc because this entry's related specifically to the Japanese version. I think it'd get too complicated having all the English names in there too; I've just thought I'll have to add Toru's name in now as well, but I think I'll see how the new information takes anyway. I've also added a link to SFXB because I think anyone searching for Star Fleet or X Bomber should now come across the entry - I'm wondering if someone just added alternative names recently, perhaps the original information was already there?Anyway, I'll see what happens with it and perhaps we can think about doing a UK/US Star Fleet entry so that we can have the English voice actors et al included - that'd be interesting to do, actually, because we should be able to cross reference with quite a few movies doing that. It's a bit of a pain, actually, because until you've added all the information in you don't know if the person's got an entry which means you end up having to go back and put numbers next to the names and stuff! Anyway, see how it goes, as I say...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Hmm. That's odd. The entry's changed, but it's not details that I've added - in fact, intriguingly, it's details of the Japanese voice actors that have been added, plus some slightly confusing details for the English voice actors. Now, I don't have the details of the Japanese voice actors - does anyone else? Because if not, then this implies there's someone else out there putting this entry together who could actually be Japanese, because they seem to be coming at it primarily from that angle. Hopefully my updates will kick in at some point, which might let the other person know that someone else is interested. It isn't anyone on this board doing additions, right?